Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are we ever going to get the Revell 30 model A back?

slusher

31 minutes ago, slusher said:

Does that mean they are selling it off? 

Until the details of the reorganization are made public, most likely nobody not directly involved will know much.

If a company that has several operating divisions, apparently as Hobbico does, can't meet its financial obligations, it sometimes may have to sell off assets to pay creditors.

IF the Revell and Monogram brands have been operating at a profit, it really shouldn't be too hard to find a buyer...but that's also not necessarily what will happen.

From what I've read though, Hobbico has dug themselves a pretty deep hole, so breaking up the company and selling off the bits may be the only option.

I wouldn't expect to see any capital investment, like re-tooling or tooling something new, come from Revell until the mess is settled.

Unless the repaired / retooled / found / whatever-the-real-story-is tooling for the '30 Ford is done and ready to start squirting out models, don't hold your breath.

7 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Until the details of the reorganization are made public, most likely nobody not directly involved will know much.

If a company that has several operating divisions, apparently as Hobbico does, can't meet its financial obligations, it sometimes may have to sell off assets to pay creditors.

IF the Revell and Monogram brands have been operating at a profit, it really shouldn't be too hard to find a buyer...but that's also not necessarily what will happen.

From what I've read though, Hobbico has dug themselves a pretty deep hole, so breaking up the company and selling off the bits may be the only option.

I wouldn't expect to see any capital investment, like re-tooling or tooling something new, come from Revell until the mess is settled.

Unless the repaired / retooled / found / whatever-the-real-story-is tooling for the '30 Ford is done and ready to start squirting out models, don't hold your breath.

If we get a 30 Ford again great but I would really hate to see Revell and Monogram brand go away. I really appreciate your info...