Model Cars Magazine Forum

1959 "Wild Cad" Custom

John Teresi

Wonderful pics John.  Just a truly stunning build and from the guy that paints at an entirely different level.  The bottom of the car is as nice as any car I've seen for detail and execution.  You're starting to confuse me as to which of your builds I like best.  Congratulations on yet ANOTHER stunning car.   cheers, tim

Johnny boy...I've been completely speechless from the first post of your execution. I have to tell you that when I was scrolling down and the first picture of the purple on the underside of the chassis came up, the breath came completely out of my body and I actually choked. So that proves your paint actually choked me up. I have no additional descriptive words to to add that haven't been posted previously. I'm not really a lover of customs but this creative execution of yours is changing my mind. Your execution in all phases of this build are absolutely flawless and beyond comprehension. Love, love this.  I bow to your mastery, we are not worthy.

Edited by gasser59

Stunning work all the way around. Just beautiful. And I don't throw those words around lightly. It has been a long time since I have seen something this amazing. The craftsmanship is 2nd to none. Love it. 

*did Edgar set you up with some headlight covers?

• 4 months later...

WOW! Didn´t know about this project (just entered this board in August). I love to build famous custom cars in scale and knew about the Wildcad: Always wanted to build it since I first saw the original, but I never dared to start it. And I think I won´t when I look at yours. I will never be able to achieve a result like this one. MAXIMUM RESPECT! Just awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 1:03 PM, John Teresi said:

Hello......thank you all so very much for following along with this build and for the very nice comments.......I really appreciated it:).......I`m calling this build finished.......I finished the exhaust system and added the radiator with hoses.......I also attached the modified front and rear Bumpers that I painted Alclad.......I made and painted the air cleaner ........I added the custom GWS decals for the air cleaner and  "Wild Cad" plates .......I finished the trunk area and made some emblems and also painted Alclad.........and for "Shits and Giggles" I made a Diorama of Gene Winfields old shop and added some custom painted Mercury 1/2`s and of course GWS Decals made all the decals for the Diorama.......Its not perfect but, good enough for the girls I go with !!!!!........I will shoot some "Outside" pics in a few days.......thanks for looking

DSCF1000_zpsst8vvwpm.jpg

DSCF1001_zpsuc9gst8u.jpg

DSCF1002_zpsbwtdiwuh.jpg

DSCF1027_zpsws5mtgrr.jpg

DSCF1025_zps4nnfj7ps.jpg

John, as usual another inspiring build. This is just absolutely breathtaking!

• 1 year later...