highway                   AMT Papa Truck tractor

jacobus                    GMC Crackerbox with a AMT GMC donor chassis

Spruslayer               Lindberg Dodge L700 and tanker trailer

iamsuperdan          AMT White Western Star tractor

cowboy rich            Pete 352 Pacemaker cabover

mustang1989         AMT "Pabst" Freightliner cabover

Edited by Goodwrench3
Updated official entry list

So what are the details of the build? Truck and trailer built by the end of the year? Anything else?? Would like to jump in if I can yet??

thinking if I can I’ll do the California Hauler with a Mecury sleeper and possibly a flatbed if I can get one. Build a TMC Trucking rig...

Edited by DrKerry

14 hours ago, DrKerry said:

So what are the details of the build? Truck and trailer built by the end of the year? Anything else?? Would like to jump in if I can yet??

thinking if I can I’ll do the California Hauler with a Mecury sleeper and possibly a flatbed if I can get one. Build a TMC Trucking rig...

Here are the details/guidelines/rules:

1.  must have fun.

2.  monthly updates posted.

3.  1/24 or 1/25 scale.

4.  Start date April 16, 2018.  Projects must be completed by Jan. 31. 2019.

5.  Can be new in package kit or resin/kit bash/scratchbuild.

6.  Build can be box stock or modified.

7.  Post a photo of the kit in box (or the parts) before April 16.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sounds easy enough!!!!

1 hour ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Here are the details/guidelines/rules:

1.  must have fun.

2.  monthly updates posted.

3.  1/24 or 1/25 scale.

4.  Start date April 16, 2018.  Projects must be completed by Jan. 31. 2019.

5.  Can be new in package kit or resin/kit bash/scratchbuild.

6.  Build can be box stock or modified.

7.  Post a photo of the kit in box (or the parts) before April 16.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sounds easy enough!!! Count me in!! Now I HAVE to find a flatbed trailer.. Call my friend to see if he has any extras!!!

I’ll be building the Cali Hauler Pete and hopefully a flatbed to go with.

IMG_0253.jpg

So here is my entry, the interior tub and a couple other parts got primed before I got a chance to take the picture. The Peerless trailer is in there too. 

The cab interior on these is so bad, I had to scratch build the one seen. the factory one is total junk. 

On 3/31/2018 at 2:36 PM, Goodwrench3 said:

Go ahead and post the "unstarted" pic here -- and then start your own thread in the WIP section.

Thanks

My "unstarted " picture is in the other thread. Does that count? Will start a thread as soon as I'm officially in. 

OK, here is what might be an odd question. I have this that I started for the Big Rig Buildoff a couple of years ago and never finished. 

20160927_231351.thumb.jpg.e4b157646c9f9f2c87e449acec5ce0b0.jpg

I never finished this for that build because of the tractor, it was an original issue of the Papa Truck and the plastic was getting so brittle that it seemed every time I would work on it, I spent more time repairing broken parts that sometimes seemed like they would break just from breathing on them, so I still have it sitting just like in this pic on the top of my desk hutch and shelved the project. 

Now here is the odd question, because since then I have bought a new reissue of the Papa Truck to quote unquote "rebuild" the tractor. Would it be OK with everyone to finish this trailer and have it with the new Papa Truck that will replace this tractor? The tractor will be done the same way as the old one, because obviously this trailer is only for that build and the reason I totally HATE paint matching trailers to trucks! :angry: It would give this a jumpstart to get the new kit off the shelf and get this entire build to the completed shelf. It will maybe even get me to get working on the truck that inspired this build too that I was lucky enough to get the kit of just a few weeks ago! 

20180325_184016.thumb.jpg.f14bdd7cb2e19f3e8a430cd6ebce64d7.jpg

20180325_184031.thumb.jpg.5faa07c65ac87f7a3b9b49e17548cfb3.jpg

And sorry to disappoint everyone but even if I do the original truck along with redoing the custom for this, I more than likely won't use this original kit just for the same reasons I have to rebuild the custom's tractor, I just don't want to take the chance that this almost 40 year old plastic would fight me like the original Papa Truck did. I do plan on scanning the decals to get new ones printed not only for the original that I will more than likely use the new Revell K100 Aerodyne to build. 

9 hours ago, highway said:

OK, here is what might be an odd question. I have this that I started for the Big Rig Buildoff a couple of years ago and never finished. 

20160927_231351.thumb.jpg.e4b157646c9f9f2c87e449acec5ce0b0.jpg

I never finished this for that build because of the tractor, it was an original issue of the Papa Truck and the plastic was getting so brittle that it seemed every time I would work on it, I spent more time repairing broken parts that sometimes seemed like they would break just from breathing on them, so I still have it sitting just like in this pic on the top of my desk hutch and shelved the project. 

Now here is the odd question, because since then I have bought a new reissue of the Papa Truck to quote unquote "rebuild" the tractor. Would it be OK with everyone to finish this trailer and have it with the new Papa Truck that will replace this tractor? The tractor will be done the same way as the old one, because obviously this trailer is only for that build and the reason I totally HATE paint matching trailers to trucks! :angry: It would give this a jumpstart to get the new kit off the shelf and get this entire build to the completed shelf. It will maybe even get me to get working on the truck that inspired this build too that I was lucky enough to get the kit of just a few weeks ago! 

20180325_184016.thumb.jpg.f14bdd7cb2e19f3e8a430cd6ebce64d7.jpg

20180325_184031.thumb.jpg.5faa07c65ac87f7a3b9b49e17548cfb3.jpg

And sorry to disappoint everyone but even if I do the original truck along with redoing the custom for this, I more than likely won't use this original kit just for the same reasons I have to rebuild the custom's tractor, I just don't want to take the chance that this almost 40 year old plastic would fight me like the original Papa Truck did. I do plan on scanning the decals to get new ones printed not only for the original that I will more than likely use the new Revell K100 Aerodyne to build. 

So...  then your entry is the new tractor to go with the trailer ?    And will it be the Papa truck kit or the BJ and the Bear KW Aero ?

Thx

so i am in , made finaly  a choice

the GMC Crackerbox whit a gmc from amt donor for a chassis

planning a movingvan for it but i dont know yet becouse the space on the shelf is now on its end

so first [ yes , new shelfs on the wall ]

jacobus

c0a82bbfa29542027f685ce298deb903.jpg

1bc8e1e40fe889d5ba149d77fac91e35.jpg

6 hours ago, Goodwrench3 said:

So...  then your entry is the new tractor to go with the trailer ?    And will it be the Papa truck kit or the BJ and the Bear KW Aero ?

Thx

Yes, you are correct, it would be the new tractor to go with the trailer, but the trailer would be included as part of the build as it is not completely finished either, especially in finished pics. It would be one of the new Papa Truck kits I have to build the tractor that I can get a pic of the unstarted kit in a little while. The BJ and the Bear kit is going to stay sealed inside on the shelf, I just don't have the heart to open it, but I may also do the original too after I get a Revell K100 Aerodyne to build the truck. 

Greetings modelers

Put me on the list,picked this up on sale and i do love saving a buck or two:D

My master plan is to build a Texaco gas station diorama that includes this truck.

I have the plans from Modeljunkyard.com.If anyone has used these plans i would love to here of any tips or issues.

I have the  AMT Texaco decals on the way

20180405_132507.jpg

texaco decal.jpg

Edited by Spruslayer

7 hours ago, highway said:

Yes, you are correct, it would be the new tractor to go with the trailer, but the trailer would be included as part of the build as it is not completely finished either, especially in finished pics. It would be one of the new Papa Truck kits I have to build the tractor that I can get a pic of the unstarted kit in a little while. The BJ and the Bear kit is going to stay sealed inside on the shelf, I just don't have the heart to open it, but I may also do the original too after I get a Revell K100 Aerodyne to build the truck. 

He way I read it would be ok as they are saying it can be a tractor only build. If you’re starting from a fresh start then I think you’re ok to go. Trailers are optional from what I read so the addition of an already built trailer to me should be ok..

Am I right by saying this guys?? 

5 hours ago, Goodwrench3 said:

Yep -- absolutely correct.  He's basically doing a "tractor-only" entry from a new kit.  Perfectly fine.

I've added his to the entry list.

Thanks!

But the trailer is still OK to be with it, right? The finished pics will be with the trailer, not just the tractor.