Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Here are some pics of the 77 I bought new . Not me in photo .

Exactly what did you intend to do in the back Ray? :D  Thanks for sharing, good looking truck!

Is that your BIL's truck I see in the first photo?

Edited by afx

43 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Here are some pics of the 77 I bought new . Not me in photo .

Ray that truck is awesome!   I would love to have that now, especially with that cap/stripe/wheel combo!

IMG_8726.thumb.jpg.a2504c564bf871445ff9cc84308460b1.jpg

Here is my dad and I's current 620 shop truck (along with 2 of our 510s)  I did the patina shop logos and pinstripes a few years back when we snatched it off Craigslist...  it was originally a volunteer fireman's vehicle out of fort lupton colorado.  We have lowered it a bit, and dropped in a Z 5speed, other than that its pretty much stock-ish. 

On 2/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, Impalow said:

I found a nice assortment pack of wire ferules on amazon that work perfect for these, and you get a ton of usable sized ones for $7.29!  Just a heads up!

Thanks for the heads up on those. i just added them to my amazon cart

Edited by Mr. Metallic

5 hours ago, afx said:

Nice Datsuns Eric. I like the red wheels and yellow lenses on the pickup. Did you do anything to the engine?

Nothing really notable... just a weber carb, and deletion of some emission stuff.

IMG_0788.thumb.JPG.37173caed805ced04d6fdcffe27afa25.JPG

My dad did build a clone of our truck out of the California Sunshine previous release of this kit... and its pretty fantastic/spot on in my opinion. (the truck had some wide whites for a while)

IMG_0790.JPG.bcacd40d1e648b6d7689cfb63f5ad480.JPGIMG_0789.JPG.b3948de2d0f347cde1feff3b7492ae78.JPG

A forum member hooked me up with the Go Kart from the AMT '60 Chevy pickup kit. This will be one of the cargo options.  I want to build a more stripped down lightweight version of the cart so I won't be using the large padded set.  I fabricated the seat back and extended the belly pan back under the seat area.  I'll make a seat cushion and back pad later.

DSCN6099

Edited by afx