Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Wild Wheels 'n wide Ovels

Mr mopar

9 hours ago, berr13 said:

Don't know about y'all, but I can't have too many sets of Torque Thrust looking five spoke wheels, and the tires won't be bad either.  Bring 'em on!

I agree with you there. I just bought the new issue off the '62 Pontiac just because of the wheels and tires. I already have a half a dozen Catalinas now.

• 3 months later...

Looks like a nice set of Torq Thrusts  -

Is this the place to say we need some Cragar SS wheels - big and little like the original '71 Road Runner and some skinny fronts for the vintage funny cars...  I'm hoping Round 2 already has them in the works.

On 6/10/2018 at 2:10 PM, Rob Hall said:

Not sure what is 'wild' about them, 'mild' would be more accurate...looks like the same generic 5 spoke wheels that have been included in several recent reissues...

Yep! Those are in the latest '68 El Camino kit... With redlines on one side... And Firestone on the other.....

Either Way, I've gotten about 4 sets of them now, as the "bonus" in new Round2 kits.  I'm beginning to have too many of them. It feels like they are becoming less of an extra, and more like just another option. I have mixed feelings about them. They are well done, and I'm glad of the 'value added' they represent, but they are not a style I particularly care for, or will ever use. So in that sense, they are of no value in getting me to purchase a kit. I buy kits based on what I like, and these wheels have no influence on the pros & cons of that decision.

I'd much prefer a great set of Cragar Rims instead.