Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell parts?

I sincerely hope that the braintrust for the new ROG/Blitz/Revell USA company reinstates the North American parts replacement program just as it was in the not so distant past. That was one of my main reasons for purchasing mostly Revell models in the first place and if they drop the ball here it will be a real disappointment.

If it were that damaged I'd take it back to the point of purchase and get a refund that way.  Revell was always horrible about replacing bodies requiring a mountain of proof or sending the body back to them at your expense so they could "inspect" it.  No doubt because losers were demanding fresh bodies left and right after painting disasters and rewn'd it for everyone.

6 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

No doubt because losers were demanding fresh bodies left and right after painting disasters and rewn'd it for everyone.

This and wanting extra parts period was one of the reasons Revell changed the parts replacement program guidelines years ago. Leave it to a few idiots (well, probably more than a few) to spoil things for people with legitimate issues. Just looking at some of the places that still carry kits and seeing how many kit have wheels, tires and decals looted out is proof of that. Very common at the Meijer's stores around my area!

Edited by Phirewriter

I need a cab for my Revell Kenworth K100 kit. It has the broken eindshield center post and bad chrome. I placed my request, jumped through the requisite hoops and was deemed worthy of a new parts. Sadly, since the parts didn't ship by the (I think) April deadline, I seem to be that I am SOL, too. I'll try an email to them? and see if that helps. 

Email to whom? There is no Revell USA at this time; so you'd be wasting your time. Contacting RoG is an exercise in futility because it only provides part replacement service to EU countries. Check out ebay for a parts/junkyard kit. You should be able to find one  Or, just fix/replace the post with styrene strip. It's not hard.If the chrome is messed up, soak the parts, still attached to the sprue(s) in Clorox and scrub with a toothbrush. The chrome will be stripped in a few minutes and you can replate the parts with Alclad, Spaz Stix or other similar products.

I emailed them and tried to get a new cab for the quite recent Revell US re-issued Kenworth K100 to replace the damaged one in my kit, but they couldn't help me even tho' the K100 Aerodyne wich was re-issued just last fall shares the same basic cab...but no, they said the kit was out of production and parts were not available.
I tried to get a new cab from Revell US when I first bought the kit but never got one from them either.
I got the re-issued K100 Aerodyne too and fortunately the cab in that one was good and undamaged, the cab in the earlier K100 kit may be repairable.

Edited by Force

Joe, you are correct. That is an option. The point is that I should not have to make repairs to a broken cab, a major part, and poorly plated chrome in a brand new kit. Swap meet buy, second hand kit, out of production kit, of course there are risks. As modelers and craftsmen, we deal with those issues. Comes with the territory.   

I test fit the cab to the interior and the cab needs a bit of stretching to fit. Might crack the repair, that would be a shame after al of the work to finish a cab..........

Mike C, not to be snarky, but until Revell is back up and running in the US, you're pretty much up a creek. I don't see Blitz having any kind of parts replacement program operating until next year (at the soonest), so you should just hang on the the kit and bar code to prove you bought it. Maybe they'll help.

The other option is to hunt down just the body from one of those guys who parts out kits on the 'Bay. I know we all slag on them, but in this instance, it could be a real life saver for you. That's all I got on ways to help you problem,.

First of all I should not have to worry about replacing a damaged body...again. I have lost count the number of time I had to get a replacement from Revell. Round2 I have only ever made one parts request for bad chrome in the Monte Carlo kit. I should not have to look on eBay for someone selling a body for nearly the price of a new kit, it would be different if I screwed it up and needed a replacement. 

I am disappointed in the customer service at Blitz, it has been a week and a half and no response. They could have acknowledged my email. I think the future of Revell is not going to be good.

5 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

You're not going to get instant gratification from Blitz at this time. The company is assessing exactly how to restructure and utilize the RM assets within the new Revell. 

They can at least acknowledge the email. Not saying they have to replace anything at this time, just respond in some way.

Parts requests go through Revell AG now since there is no Revell US anymore.
When I asked for the replacement cab for my Kenworth K100 I first did it with Revell US, I got an answer from Mr Ed Sexton regarding shipping and I answered that, but they never sent one to me.
Then after the Hobbico deal I tried to get one with Revell AG but they couldn't help me.
It's a bit funny since these trucks was originally issued by Revell AG, the re-issues was from Revell US, the plastic was molded in Poland and the tires in China but the kits were packed in the US...and no one could help me with a new cab to replace the cracked one in my kit...the chrome was good in my kit.
Everything are the same in the more recent re-issue of the K100 Aerodyne except for the roof section, but it didn't help either.

Edited by Force

On 7/8/2018 at 1:05 AM, Force said:

Parts requests go through Revell AG now since there is no Revell US anymore.
When I asked for the replacement cab for my Kenworth K100 I first did it with Revell US, I got an answer from Mr Ed Sexton regarding shipping and I answered that, but they never sent one to me.
Then after the Hobbico deal I tried to get one with Revell AG but they couldn't help me.
It's a bit funny since these trucks was originally issued by Revell AG, the re-issues was from Revell US, the plastic was molded in Poland and the tires in China but the kits were packed in the US...and no one could help me with a new cab to replace the cracked one in my kit...the chrome was good in my kit.
Everything are the same in the more recent re-issue of the K100 Aerodyne except for the roof section, but it didn't help either.

So you are located in Europe (Sweden) and Revel AG will not help you either?  And like you said, it is a originally Revell AG (not Revell USA) kit.  Looks like this Revell thing is a mess.

Yes I live in Sweden in northern Europe, so it seems like it doesn't matter where you live.
The Kenworth K100 kits was originally issued by Revell AG in the early 80's together with the other American truck kits they had and all have been reissued by them several times, but the latest K100 and K100 Aerodyne kits from last year, and the Will Do Peterbilt 359 Wrecker from 2013 was reissued by Revell US.
This Revell thing is a huge mess and the future of Revell is very uncertain as there is no word, no news, no nothing...absolutely quiet.
Same goes for Moebius...nothing what so ever has been said since the Pegasus Hobbies deal came through.