Model Cars Magazine Forum

Donnie Firkins 1970`s "Coca Cola" Trike: On the Work Bench 12/3/18

Told you I found it John.  You ALWAYS have something on the bench I just have to look around sometimes to find you/it.  I read the comment (Chris?) about you being 1 week into the build.   Just shaking MY head at that.   Oh, and yes John, it's VERY cool.  cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello......thanks guys so very much for the kind comments .......I really do appreciate them:).......I got a vintage beer can with a Pop Top in the mail from a couple of really cool forum guys John and George......thank you so very much for the can guys.......I cut the top off the can  and modified it to fit the trike......I also got all the body work finished on the body......got a H.O.K. Orion Silver Base Coat on the body and then H.O.K. Kandy Apple Red......I made the front end, handle bars and bulb horn and painted them Alclad.......I also modified the trans and belt drive and painted them  Alclad and lightly weathered ........I modified the rear end and got that painted and weathered.......I modified the rear wheels and painted them Alclad......I used Paul Rowe Resin Slicks and got them painted and lightly weathered.......I modified the engine and added a few details and painted it Alclad and lightly weathered ........I will airbrush the white graphics on the body and add the Coca Cola Decals next......thanks for looking.

DSCF0368_zpsfnnvahzk.jpg

DSCF0369_zpspecubp1j.jpg

DSCF0392_zpsy33ehhvw.jpg

DSCF0393_zps1godw4t0.jpg

I'm not sure where the school is located but I just have to sign up for classes that you and Randy D. graduated from.  Like I said about Randy's thread................"see the picture, make the picture".    Awesome scratch-building John.   Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello........Thank you all so very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I airbrushed the White Graphics on the Tank and Frame.......I used H.O.C. White......then I applied the Custom  Coca Cola Decals that I had Gary with Circle Track Decals make me ......Gary use to be GWS Decals now he is Circle Track Decals......love your decals Gary......thank you!!!!!!.......then I airbrushed a Clear Coat......I will sand the body down one more time and apply one more Clear Coat.......thanks for looking

DSCF0394_zpsgbbuthuf.jpg

DSCF0418_zps1lev9nsr.jpg

DSCF0420_zpsrnqkhfs4.jpg

DSCF0419_zpswussqttc.jpg

DSCF0421_zpsudylkrkr.jpg

DSCF0423_zpsugaypjtl.jpg

DSCF0422_zpslwgrodla.jpg