Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cheyenne trim lever grille for Chevy/GMC GMT400 trucks

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

I *think* Jeff from Motor City Resin Casters picked up a few items from Uptown Automotive's line and now offers them, but I would suggest contacting Jeff and asking him directly about the work level grille.

Casey is correct. I have ordered the grille from Jeff and it is a nice piece. Though the one he posted in the photo is not close to mine. His looks like the early Cheyenne grilles, where as the one I purchased is the later (92+?) W/T grille. IMG_5465.thumb.jpg.b0203cde3343fc80ced0bceb166066c5.jpg

Thanks guys. I found the 3500 HD kit on their website. At just 35$ it is not all that expensive either:
http://www.motorcityresincasters.com/Chevy3500HD.htm

I have an idea of building models of some of the vehicles in the computer game GTA San Andreas. And in that game you can drive the Utility Van:
800px-UtilityVan-GTASA-front.jpg

https://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Utility_Van

I'm not after making and exact replica but a Chevy work truck with a Utility box, painted in white is what I want to do.

I'm not really after building a 3500HD, more something like this one:
https://www.carsforgrab.com/2000_Chevrolet_GMT400_Fredericksburg_VA_10315988.veh
885390997.jpg

I do have several old gluebombs of that pickup kit plus one unbuilt 454SS and a unbuilt monstertruck (Munsters Monstertruck) that I bought at a show now in Sepember. I'm more in to working trucks than show vehicles and I bought the monstertruck kit to use the wheels and axles on something else (a really monsterous monster truck, 6 axles, 12 wheels and an inline 12 cylinder Diesel). I got to do something fun with the rest of the kit aswell.

I will contact Jeff about the grille. Now I know that it exist I can add another kit on my already very long list of planned projects. Considering my current speed, the Moeboius kit will have been issued and gone out of production and maybe even reissued by the time I get this project going:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 6:52 AM, mikemodeler said:

Two options for that utility bed- scratch build one with sheet stock, which shouldn't be too hard considering it is basic shapes or wait for the new Moebius 66 F100 kit to come out and use the kit piece.

There is a guy on E-Bay that sells several different utility boxes and loads of other cool stuff. I bought one of the utility boxes and asked for him to leave off the doors. He did and sent the doors separate in a bag. His doors do not match my truck. However he has great stuff, it is all sheet stock and Evergreen, but for the price I could not buy all the stuff and make it myself. 

Here is a link to one of the boxes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/rescue-utility-truck-body-1-24-1-25-scale-Diorama/222507744700?hash=item33ce7ebdbc:g:MMsAAOSw-09Z8eri

Just check out his store for more stuff. 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Bumping this one up.

Anyone have a source for just the WT grille? 

Willing to buy the Motor City transkit, but really only want the grille.

I've bought single items out of a package from them before. I bought some stock Torino bumpers and hoods out of a conversion kit.

17 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

I've bought single items out of a package from them before. I bought some stock Torino bumpers and hoods out of a conversion kit.

Thanks. I actually heard back from Jeff at MCR, and he does indeed sell the grilles separately. Which I just noticed was mentioned above. 

So I have a couple on the way now. 

:)

• 4 months later...

Quick update.

So as I mentioned above, I order two of the base model grilles from Jeff at Motor City Resin in early November. 

8-10 week delivery? No. It was actually 18 weeks. Which is fine, but if a company knows they are running behind, they should be quoting more realistic shipping estimates.

Anyway, it finally arrived on Friday. Definitely no possibility of shipping damage with this order.

20210312_175536.thumb.jpg.0934dd7d277fefeba2b3739acfdbf2ae.jpg

Overall, the quality of the parts looks really good, with minimal need to clean anything up or "fix" the parts.

One thing I noticed is that I will need to modify the front of the truck to fit the grille. The original parts have a step or indent in the back to fit around the radiator, but these grilles have a flat back. Luckily, the truck I have thiso planned for will be curbside, so removing the rad support is no issue at all.

Overall, I'm happy.

20210312_175541.thumb.jpg.274230c83ca6369815bf714584602914.jpg

20210312_175601.thumb.jpg.b75bf159b9e6690490a3b5772491d039.jpg

20210312_175607.thumb.jpg.f5ed40a8f4ef63aa776ace34cc60b790.jpg

20210312_175618.thumb.jpg.d98cd6866e62b83055d6c0c4aa074aff.jpg

• 2 years later...
23 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

If someone has a donor cab that they are willing to loan out for a bit, I can create a grill or 2 for this new/reissue kit. 

I can loan you a c1500 cab. Pm your address. I’d be happy to help get this going. I’m looking forward to your aerodyne dash as well.