[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Atmobil

Cheyenne trim lever grille for Chevy/GMC GMT400 trucks

Anyone know if there was ever a Cheyenne trim lever grille made for the MPC/AMT 88-99 GMT400 pickups?
I'm talking about this one:
5c25811e981b4_1998-chevrolet-1500regularcab-frontside_ct15r981.jpg.6d36a75f35cf8e665bf24b3bfae29ce9.jpg
Or this one:
i341328.jpg.84574498ed9a7605ce0bfce68ae4daec.jpg

I believe the first grille shown was available with a 3500HD cab resin kit. Can't remember who has it, I think one of the Detroit resin casters offers it.

uptownWTgrille.jpg

I *think* Jeff from Motor City Resin Casters picked up a few items from Uptown Automotive's line and now offers them, but I would suggest contacting Jeff and asking him directly about the work level grille.

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

I *think* Jeff from Motor City Resin Casters picked up a few items from Uptown Automotive's line and now offers them, but I would suggest contacting Jeff and asking him directly about the work level grille.

Casey is correct. I have ordered the grille from Jeff and it is a nice piece. Though the one he posted in the photo is not close to mine. His looks like the early Cheyenne grilles, where as the one I purchased is the later (92+?) W/T grille. IMG_5465.thumb.jpg.b0203cde3343fc80ced0bceb166066c5.jpg

Thanks guys. I found the 3500 HD kit on their website. At just 35$ it is not all that expensive either:
http://www.motorcityresincasters.com/Chevy3500HD.htm

I have an idea of building models of some of the vehicles in the computer game GTA San Andreas. And in that game you can drive the Utility Van:
800px-UtilityVan-GTASA-front.jpg

https://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Utility_Van

I'm not after making and exact replica but a Chevy work truck with a Utility box, painted in white is what I want to do.

If you're looking to build the 3500HD all you can use from the MPC kits is the interior tub. The 3500HD trucks had a straight frame and leaf spring solid front axle.

I'm not really after building a 3500HD, more something like this one:
https://www.carsforgrab.com/2000_Chevrolet_GMT400_Fredericksburg_VA_10315988.veh
885390997.jpg

I do have several old gluebombs of that pickup kit plus one unbuilt 454SS and a unbuilt monstertruck (Munsters Monstertruck) that I bought at a show now in Sepember. I'm more in to working trucks than show vehicles and I bought the monstertruck kit to use the wheels and axles on something else (a really monsterous monster truck, 6 axles, 12 wheels and an inline 12 cylinder Diesel). I got to do something fun with the rest of the kit aswell.

Two options for that utility bed- scratch build one with sheet stock, which shouldn't be too hard considering it is basic shapes or wait for the new Moebius 66 F100 kit to come out and use the kit piece.

Jeff will sell you the grille I posted above for $10 so you wouldn't have to buy the whole thing.

I will contact Jeff about the grille. Now I know that it exist I can add another kit on my already very long list of planned projects. Considering my current speed, the Moeboius kit will have been issued and gone out of production and maybe even reissued by the time I get this project going:lol:

On 12/29/2018 at 6:52 AM, mikemodeler said:

Two options for that utility bed- scratch build one with sheet stock, which shouldn't be too hard considering it is basic shapes or wait for the new Moebius 66 F100 kit to come out and use the kit piece.

There is a guy on E-Bay that sells several different utility boxes and loads of other cool stuff. I bought one of the utility boxes and asked for him to leave off the doors. He did and sent the doors separate in a bag. His doors do not match my truck. However he has great stuff, it is all sheet stock and Evergreen, but for the price I could not buy all the stuff and make it myself. 

Here is a link to one of the boxes. https://www.ebay.com/itm/rescue-utility-truck-body-1-24-1-25-scale-Diorama/222507744700?hash=item33ce7ebdbc:g:MMsAAOSw-09Z8eri

Just check out his store for more stuff. 

I made my own using some Evergreen plastic strips and headlamps from an MPC Dodge Omni 2 dr.  Here's what it looks like in my MSP Tahoe.

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (1).JPG

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (2).JPG

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (3).JPG

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (4).JPG

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (5).JPG

1994 Chevrolet Tahoe MSP (6).JPG