Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Chevy Titan 90

It seems that I start with the oddball trucks. The first one I built was the Bison. So I will have a small fleet of Chevies.  :-)

So after inspecting all the parts, I found that I had to download the missing instructions.  Then I  found that the basic frame assembly that I tore down had been assembled incorrectly along with a missing rear crossmember...

My goal with this build is oob...and finish it.

Yesterday and today found the frame all sorted, and a modified rear crossmember cut down from something found in the parts box. 

Edit: Having problems with the pics for some reason. 

Edited by Sam I Am

Leslie,

Define what you mean by "smaller"?  The Chevrolet Titan/90 & the GMC Astro/95 (essentially the same truck) are Class 8 trucks, and are comparable in abilities with the Kenworth K100 or Peterbilt 352, just a lot less expensive.  Here is a photo (be it not a very good one) of my Titan, Astro, & Cruiseliner sitting next to each other.

13 COE Row.JPG

On 2/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, tbill said:

man, I am liking that wheel color! 

Now, slow down, you’re making some of us look bad, haha, keep at it, looking good:D

Thanks guys!  

Don't worry Bill, it will all come to a screeching halt soon. :D

Had to see what the color would look like on the cab

20190209_122419.jpg

20190209_122429.jpg

Your workbench is a lot like mine. lots of space but only working in a tight  area like 12x12! or less.  as i can see your doing really good so far. even after a year of not not building .. you see, it's all coming back. hope your having fun building it, and looking at your work once you've completed some steps.  it's all satisfying work.

Getting more fiddly bits sorted, painted, and attached.  

One question for those who have built this kit with the single exhaust. Can you please post a pic here of how the air intake/exhaust stacks mount up. The instructions are a little vague and I may even be missing a part...

20190212_164221.jpg

20190212_164210.jpg