Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Mustang's 55th birthday TODAY....let's see them.....

LOTS of Mustangs,,,,847 in the parade last nihjt which is less than the number here.  Vendor and Ford display not as large,,,still good.50th  was a bigger party with Ford doing a lot more.  Museum is nice....about the size of football field. Gift shop yet to be finished...no big deal.  No bad weather showed up but they had everyone scared to where show was mostly closed, Sat will be good. Full report when home. thx

1 hour ago, Gramps46 said:

It is original AMT build but still a favorite of mine.

5cbe1d070ce6c_AMTGT3501.25001.thumb.JPG.b667e05f2fb61e9a73208d8ab7f65aa7.JPG

I built a street GT350 from a coupe and a fastback conversion kit back in the 80's.  It eventually cracked but I still have it.  Nice job - much harder to do before the Monogram kit came out.

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Got back Sunday from the 55th....cold and rainy Thur-Sat.......really hit the show hard. Weather folks called for tornadoes too....didn't happen thankfully. But show attendance was off. 

The very few photos I took

https://public.fotki.com/DaveVan51/mustang-55th-convention/

Sure wish I could have been there. I been to all of them since the 30th but had no time or funds to go this time. 

Back when the Mustang was new, the news was so far reaching that even us first graders knew!  

That year for the Christmas gift exchange,  I drew a kid named Salvatore.  As six year olds will,  I purchased a gift for him that I really wanted for myself.   A plastic Mustang!   I remember playing with it a bit before my mother wrapped it.  I was very excited to give it to him, as I figured he'd be very pleased and we'd then play with it together.   He opened it without much emotion or reaction and put it aside.  I guess he wasn't into cars. I was very disappointed,  like  "Hey Salvatore that's a Mustang!"   

The stuff you remember! :D

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Got back Sunday from the 55th....cold and rainy Thur-Sat.......really hit the show hard. Weather folks called for tornadoes too....didn't happen thankfully. But show attendance was off. 

The very few photos I took

https://public.fotki.com/DaveVan51/mustang-55th-convention/

DSC04250.JPG

I guess it depended on the track availability and no one can predict the weather but people get 4/17 in their head and will not consider anything else.  The AACA museum had an event on 4/17.   Couldn't they even wait for the weekend?  DUMB. I may go to Mustang week this year - they finally got smart and moved the show from the hottest time of the summer and the peak season to later in the year.