Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 ford

Brudda

On 11/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, Brudda said:

Thank you mrm. A friend just told me to put bomber seats in it. I’m going to make some or get some pe aircraft seats

Have you looked at the custom seats from the Round2 '62 Pontiac, they are done in a nice button tuft in the old style diamond pattern and would be a perfect match for a retro, or semi retro coupe.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:57 AM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Super! My 1/1 33 Ford 3W was painted this color + vanilla shake. Was called BURPLE by House of Kolor. Great job!

CT

Burple is a totally different color, the HOK burple is a pearl base this is what HOK was selling as Harlequin color changing, I have used the purple to orange and I think this might be sold as Cyan to Purple which is a blue to purple color changing paint like the old Dupont Chromalusion.

12 hours ago, horsepower said:

Burple is a totally different color, the HOK burple is a pearl base this is what HOK was selling as Harlequin color changing, I have used the purple to orange and I think this might be sold as Cyan to Purple which is a blue to purple color changing paint like the old Dupont Chromalusion.

Hi Delton!

Not to argue, but the pearl base you refer to from HOK is Passion Purple. It's a straight base-coat, designed to be topped by HOK urethane candy. My car actually had a silver base coat under the Burple candy color. (see picture). However, it may indeed have a slight difference from the color I saw on the model above, which would make sense, since it is not the exact same paint. I just indicated it reminded me of HOK's Burple. Nothing more...

Regards,

CT

33 Boise 4.jpg

Opened up the cowl. Have to be careful . Without doors things get very fragile by the windshield posts and rocker panels. Cut the firewall and glued it flush. Changes the interior floor . Keep fitting and sanding. Bomber seats will look good. Still in limbo about the color.

6D181FBF-C64F-4DCB-A7BA-DCB8216D7B89.jpeg

A565AA0C-392A-465F-AC4A-82597AEF21CF.jpeg

7 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Looking really good, love the seats and gearbox details. Really nice work Bruce.

and Claude, that's a beautiful 33 you have !

Hi Martin!

Thank you for the compliment. Actually, I sold that car after building it (in 1999) to a gentleman from New-Hampshire, and last time I heard about it, he drove it to Hot August Nights in Reno, Nevada, and auctionned it to a buyer from Boise Idaho. Cars have wheels, so, they move around a lot, don't they? 

CT

Such a very kool build Bruce!!  All the details

and chopping, and cutting, and dicing!?!

Man-o-man!!  I'm just eating it up with my

eyeballs, I am!!

I am building a `32 3 window on TRaK forum

right now, but this  .  .  .  . is next level crapp!

David S.