Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped 1932 Ford 5-Window Coupe by Drag City Casting

I wanted to let all you scale hot rod builders in on the newest offering from Ed at Drag City Casting. The master was created by me and is a Revell based 1932 Ford 5-Window Coupe with a 4.5" scale chopped top that is a direct drop-on for their kit of the same. The roof still retains its stock fabric insert detail. The body retails for $25 and  includes a matching chopped windshield frame and louvered deck lid. You can also use the plain deck lid from the Revell donor kit if you prefer. 

Ed is one of the most talented resin casters currently in the business and the quality of these pieces is exceptional! He is also as honest to do business with as they come. You will not be disappointed.

Ed does not have a formal website but can be contacted directly at: lowcab36@epix.net 

He also has a business page on Facebook under "Drag City Casting"

Ed has many other hot rod and early drag racing products available which can be seen at his Fotki photo hosting pages: https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/member_dealer_directory/drag-city-casting-/?fbclid=IwAR14Rew2C2SlmfslGl89N4217mlzFxB9E4b1hwVJXFk7Em6HXGlMFe63zQ0

1566880563265-vi.jpg

1566880583529-vi.jpg

1566880614089-vi.jpg

1566880649854-vi.jpg

1566880660778-vi.jpg

This body is excellent. I can't thank Dennis enough for doing the master. I'm relatively competent at cutting up bodies, but a well executed chop on a 32 5W body has eluded me. Just hate those reveals around the windows. It's so well done, when you look at this body you can't tell it didn't come from Revell that way. the finishing of the master and the casting is exceptional. 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:23 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

This body is excellent. I can't thank Dennis enough for doing the master. I'm relatively competent at cutting up bodies, but a well executed chop on a 32 5W body has eluded me. Just hate those reveals around the windows. It's so well done, when you look at this body you can't tell it didn't come from Revell that way. the finishing of the master and the casting is exceptional. 

Thanks so much for your compliments, Craig, they mean a lot. This is the first body master I've created and all I kept thinking until I saw the end result was "I hope it's good enough!" I didn't want to waste Ed's time and expensive materials. Thankfully, I don't think it could have turned out better.

Now my fingers are crossed that the chopped Fordor conversion body turns out this nice!

B)

Edited by Dennis Lacy

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased and received mine from Ed a couple of weeks ago.  Excellent bodywork by Dennis and high quality casting by Ed/Drag City.   Highly, highly recommended.  

And Dennis...is that a Y-Block I see hiding under the hood of your project car?  Excellent choice!  TIM 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 12:18 PM, tim boyd said:

I purchased and received mine from Ed a couple of weeks ago.  Excellent bodywork by Dennis and high quality casting by Ed/Drag City.   Highly, highly recommended.  

And Dennis...is that a Y-Block I see hiding under the hood of your project car?  Excellent choice!  TIM 

Thanks for your endorsement, Tim! So glad you’re pleased with it. 

And yes, that is indeed a hopped up Y-block peeking out from under the hood. There’s a full build thread for this project in the WIP section. 

18 hours ago, Dennis Lacy said:

Thanks for your endorsement, Tim! So glad you’re pleased with it. 

And yes, that is indeed a hopped up Y-block peeking out from under the hood. There’s a full build thread for this project in the WIP section. 

Thanks Dennis...I'll check it out....TIM

2 hours ago, Bernard Kron said:

Beautiful work Dennis. I waited for this release to place my next order with Ed. I guess I better pull the trigger!

BTW, that's one sharp louvered hood. I've wanted a proper aftermarket one for many years. How 'bout we talk Ed into offering one?

Thanks, B! You should definitely get an order in while the mold is still working. 

As for the louvered hood top, stay tuned!!!

• 2 years later...