Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nice Deutz!  That one's on the Buy List.  I built the Porsche and it was fun.  These are simple kits but have plenty of room for extra detailing and weathering.

Somebody in here built the Porsche tractor and painted it a beautiful gloss dark blue.  That got me to thinking about different colors for these tractors.

Maybe a tractor used at a regional German airport in the 1950s, painted blue with "Lufthansa" decals. It might pull luggage trailers and work as a general airfield towing hack.  Even scratch-building a trailer wouldn't be that hard.

Or a blue tractor from an American air base in Germany, with "U.S. Air Force" decals pulling a bomb trailer or something.  Lots of possibilities...

trac_air.jpg

9 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Somebody in here built the Porsche tractor and painted it a beautiful gloss dark blue.  That got me to thinking about different colors for these tractors.

Maybe a tractor used at a regional German airport in the 1950s, painted blue with "Lufthansa" decals. It might pull luggage trailers and work as a general airfield towing hack.  Even scratch-building a trailer wouldn't be that hard.

Or a blue tractor from an American air base in Germany, with "U.S. Air Force" decals pulling a bomb trailer or something.  Lots of possibilities...

trac_air.jpg

A few years back at one of the Porsche shows (it may have been a Rennsport Reunion), they actually wrapped a number of Porsche Juniors in iconic racing livery, so you had the Pink Pig, the Hippie car, and a number of other schemes available. I had hoped that one of the decal manufacturers would make them available, but I haven't found them yet.

I see that Revell did not take the Easy way out on these tractors. Both the Front and Rear Tires are unique tools to each tractor. It will be interesting to see if Revell releases a third tractor that re-uses the tires from one of these two kits. And, those front tires are perfect for Rat Rods. I'll need at least two of the Duetz , just for the front wheels/tires.

1 hour ago, Matt Bacon said:

Lovely pair! Now if they’d only do a Lamborghini Lamborghinetta to go with them...

best,

M.

Seems Revell is on a German classic tractor theme, there's so many other German tractors they could release without looking at other countries, including a few from the former East Germany.

Man-ackerdiesel-1-6388.jpg

Fendt-tractor.png

3f9749ccaa096f1be3e220d0ef490822.jpg

bdd2c3e5040b24ebfc51ec1b94482fd3.jpg

14609096757_90dc7b25d5_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 6:55 AM, GeeBee said:

Seems Revell is on a German classic tractor theme, there's so many other German tractors they could release without looking at other countries, including a few from the former East Germany.

Man-ackerdiesel-1-6388.jpg

Fendt-tractor.png

3f9749ccaa096f1be3e220d0ef490822.jpg

bdd2c3e5040b24ebfc51ec1b94482fd3.jpg

14609096757_90dc7b25d5_b.jpg

Bring all of them on, Revell. I can see plenty of potential rat rod noses in these pics!