Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Suzuki 500 - Kenny Roberts

This must be only the second bike I've ever built. The other was a tiny scooter that came with a set of Aoshima wheels.

I got it from someone at work as a thank you for a favour I did them.

It's been kicking about for years and as a result, the decals were very fragile. The tyre logos disintegrated.

anyway, a great change from my cars and gave me something to do while I decide which car to build

it's boxed as Airfix, but I think the original is by Heller. Great fun..only 22 parts! I've made 1/24 engines with a higher count ?.

IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

11 hours ago, Jim B said:

That's pretty cool.  I didn't even know they made 1/24 scale motorcycles.

7 hours ago, peteski said:

I like it!

I built some 1:6, 1:9, and 1:12 scale bikes. This one must be tiny compared to those.

It's pretty small alright! I had no idea they made them in 1/24, either. It'll look good in my garage diorama.

Nice job!

I like those 1/24 scale bikes - simple, but they build up very well. The decals were fragile even when they were new. I built a couple about 14 years ago - the one you did and the one shown below - and I seem to remember having to get a replacement decal set for one of them. I've still got a Honda and Yamaha waiting to be built.

image.png.5ddfbe58d03ba9e0aad3d9aa29d431bc.png

Edited by RancheroSteve

On 2/27/2020 at 12:10 AM, RancheroSteve said:

Nice job!

I like those 1/24 scale bikes - simple, but they build up very well. The decals were fragile even when they were new. I built a couple about 14 years ago - the one you did and the one shown below - and I seem to remember having to get a replacement decal set for one of them. I've still got a Honda and Yamaha waiting to be built.

image.png.5ddfbe58d03ba9e0aad3d9aa29d431bc.png

That's really cool, Steve! I like the cf on the mufflers. Very tidy. 

These are great little kits, aren't they? Only 22 parts or thereabouts and some nice details. Good tyres, too. Could be made into a street fighter, with a bit of a tweak.