Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Coca-cola Charger

Craig

I saw this kit reviewed on HPI Guys Workshop, and thought it would be a fun build. And it was! It's all paint and decals, and the decals can be tricky, tried my patience a bit, but in the end I'm happy. Painted entirely with craft acrylics, it is a nice curbside kit. 

I should note that I do edit my photos with photoshop, but I don't do any manipulation to hide flaws, imperfections or mistakes caused by myself, that stuff is there for everyone to see. 

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03006.jpg

DSC03008.jpg

DSC03016 (1).jpg

DSC03021.jpg

DSC03023.jpg

DSC03029.jpg

DSC03025.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

PSX_20200218_163353.jpg

16 minutes ago, BeakDoc said:

And now I’m thirsty for an ice cold Coke.....

Well played, Round 2, well played.

Beautiful job! Simple decals have been whipping my behind lately, I can’t imagine fighting those onto a Chargers curves.

Thank you! The front end decals do come in sections, so you're not wrapping them around the fenders. Lining them up is the tricky part, but they do fit very well!??

51 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Nice! I saw hpiguys vid too and between that and this I might just have to pick one of these up.

Thanks! Very easy build, it's all paint and decals, so if you're looking to improve those skills, it's perfect! Great fun build all around!??