Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Henry J gasser

GoodbuildNY

On 12/13/2021 at 11:01 PM, showrods said:

Great build!  Do  tell...were you able to get the doors to open and close properly?

I never even attempted it with this build. This build was just a quick/ fun build and I didn’t really want to invest extra time in getting the doors to work well. Instead I focused more on getting the stance right and opening up the radius of the rear wheel openings. Wish I opened them more actually.

• Thanks 1

I'd love to see one returned to nearer stock configuration with bumpers in place and corrected wheel wheels. Adjusting the ride height closer to the asphalt and mix in some cool looking wheels and tires wouldn't hurt either. Sounds like I'm one that hears a different drum huh?

1 hour ago, misterNNL said:

I'd love to see one returned to nearer stock configuration with bumpers in place and corrected wheel wheels. Adjusting the ride height closer to the asphalt and mix in some cool looking wheels and tires wouldn't hurt either. Sounds like I'm one that hears a different drum huh?

As I was searching the ol Interweb for idea's on my 51 Henry J build I came across this one.  This one may be more in line with what you like. 

800px-Henry_J_custom.jpg

3 hours ago, Zippi said:

As I was searching the ol Interweb for idea's on my 51 Henry J build I came across this one.  This one may be more in line with what you like. 

800px-Henry_J_custom.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I'm betting most modelers have never seen one with the stock front end in place.  I'd give my version more attitude but it's nice to see one in it's original form.