Model Cars Magazine Forum

Biff Tannen's 1946 Ford

gjorenby

From Back to the Future II, this is a build of Biff Tannen's 1946 Ford.  Although if you watch the movie closely, you will see several different cars were used ranging from 1946 to 1948, Doc Brown specifically called out Biff's car as a 1946, so that's how I built it.  The build took two different kits to find the correct 1946 details, but the base kit was Revell's Pro Modeller 1948 Ford Convertible.  The key 1946 details were found in the Testors kit, which allows you to build the car as a 1946, '47 or '48.  Customization were minor and include a new distributor with plug 8F7A7397.jpg.38aa21b90f19f716f40ad14afaba9ea0.jpgwires and fuel lines. Colors patterns are screen accurate to the movie, although the burgundy seats were a custom mix I fondly called "Biff Burgundy".

I don't have any good shots of my accompanying Delorean but will add some soon.  I went a little crazy with the fiber optics in that build as you can see in this one shot...

Enjoy!

8F7A7395.jpg

20171112_191915.jpg