Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's a Thrill!

Pico

41 minutes ago, absmiami said:

Did you reprint the wheels with a different material - or did you change the design ?  And are you using Mr Bill’s tires - or what ???  Very nice   -  btw ...

Experimenting with a different material. I will be using the last of my stock of resin cast tires on this model. However, I designed and and printed Pirelli Stelvios for the Osca (see in "under glass") and am working on Pirelli Cinturatos for future projects.

On 8/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, chaves pah said:

Hi, Pico! great look, although light reflections are a little tricky... seats do have the correct shape, don't they? and windows, plain clear sheet or vacuform?

I can't wait until it has the wheels!

Rear window was vacformed, others are sheet. Pleats run across the seat in the car today, uncertain about 1953. Exhaust pipe install.

DSCN9560.JPG

On 8/9/2020 at 10:36 PM, absmiami said:

White walls really make the look don’t they ?

have you seen the new Delage ??

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. This has been a challenging, but fulfilling project, that I learned a lot on. I hope some of that learning has been picked up by many of you guys. Andy: just looked up the new Delage, didn't know anything about it. All of those hypercars are trying to out scoop, swoop and crease all the others. Maybe not a good idea. I would like to see a return to the aesthetics of the 50's.

9 hours ago, absmiami said:

The delage is kinda out there. But I’m really digging the Murray T50.  Love that Cosworth V12... since the delage project is bank-rolled by a Miami guy. I’m thinking that the Delage mite be shown at Amelia ... that would be cool ...

The T50 is more my idea what a modern supercar should be. 

Well, I did not expect less than what you show us at last!  what a great work-of-art!... why don't you try some photosof the car on some P100 grain metal sanding paper ( may be a little lightened), it would look just like the real car... or over some green flocking paper, like the Peeble Beach green lawn...

Thank you very much for your new build