Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who Has all the molds ?

On 10/7/2020 at 6:41 AM, Xingu said:

I don't think most folks get upset about bringing up old topics. It is the starting a new topic every year so that 90% of the new posts are the same from the other topics.

Are you kidding?

When we repeat old threads, we get shamed. When we reopen old threads, we get this ☝!

So it's a catch 22.
Don't ask the same old question and don't reopen an old thread to bring in new information. Either gets lambasted by some. ?

Personally, I don't care if it's new or old. If it's interesting to read, I'm glad it's available! ?

Rant over and out!

20 minutes ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Are you kidding?

When we repeat old threads, we get shamed. When we reopen old threads, we get this ☝!

So it's a catch 22.
Don't ask the same old question and don't reopen an old thread to bring in new information. Either gets lambasted by some. ?

Personally, I don't care if it's new or old. If it's interesting to read, I'm glad it's available! ?

Rant over and out!

I gotta shake my head when someone posts a question for which there's a whole thread already stickied at the top of the page, or another thread asking the same question right on the front page of the subforum at that very moment! :blink::angry:

One sided endless loop implies continuity. One stop shopping adding to thread rather than many threads. 
Same with recycling. Adding and repurposing saving waste. 
So both imply old thread additions rather than new. Try it, you’ll like it. 

20 hours ago, Xingu said:

Isn't that what you were hoping for when you “generated” this content.

No, not at all. It's all the Power posturing goin on. It seems like there are many here that like to see and discuss different  ideas , new or old.

All of the old clichés seem to stand, If you don't like this thread, move on. No one is forcing you to stay. There are many here that do enjoy these discussions.

Why keep berating those of us that do enjoy discussing old ideas and topics? 

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

No, not at all. It's all the Power posturing goin on. It seems like there are many here that like to see and discuss different  ideas , new or old.

All of the old clichés seem to stand, If you don't like this thread, move on. No one is forcing you to stay. There are many here that do enjoy these discussions.

Why keep berating those of us that do enjoy discussing old ideas and topics? 

Well said.  I am one of those that likes discussing old ideas and topics.  It usually brings in new information from those that are reading these topics for the first time.

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

The search engine is F.U.B.A.R. and beyond hope of repair.

I dunno, it usually works pretty well for me. 

For instance, It just found F.U.B.A.R. for me just fine: 

The search engine isF.U.B.A.R.and beyond hope of repair.

2 hours ago, iBorg said:

I'm going to go back on topic....I'd love for the old Merit molds to be repopped. While their Grand Prix series isn't the most accurate, they also had the largest series of 1950's racers of any manufacturer.

I think one or more of their Grand Prix kits was reissued in the last decade.