Model Cars Magazine Forum

New display

Wife found this cabinet offered on FB for$50.  It's My Airy Furniture from when we had a furniture industry here. MA furniture factory burned in 1997 and was never rebuilt.  Anyway, we bought the cabinet.  All solid wood.  Spent$20 on an LED kit.  

Space for more cars now.  The bookshelf it replaces was slam full with just these cars.  In fact all of these did not fit in and on top of old case.  So this is way better to me.  And more childproof to the grand baby

IMG_20201119_205815711.jpg

IMG_20201119_205800461.jpg

IMG_20201119_205848382.jpg

IMG_20201119_205842052.jpg

IMG_20201118_193550586.jpg

4 hours ago, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Great cabinet. I used to want several nice cases, but as my models decorate no other room in the house, I just have several in the individual cases on a book shelf in my model room, and the others are boxed. I am glad for you that you get to display them in this manner. 

I am fortunate that my wife is very patient and generous.  A lot of guys tell how they aren't "allowed" to have cars everywhere.   My wife lets us have cars everywhere but the master bath and "her" kitchen (I do 95% of the cooking)  We even have little car displays in the 2 guest baths.  We use AMT slammers as door stops at the bedrooms.   She found this and immediately showed it to me to replace the smaller bookshelf.  We have a 2 y/o grandson that likes to be into a LOT of things as 2 y/os do, so this solves that issue as well.  

5 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

That’s nice, but for $50 you could have bought one piece of wood and then saved up for the rest and built it yourself in ten years. 

But really, that’s a score. 

OMG, I'm so NOT good with wood.   I'm good with this.  ?

On 11/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, Bills72sj said:

Where did you get the LED lights? I needs some for my display case.

Try this - you may need more than one kit with the size of your cabiniet?  This was one of the cheapest on Amazon.   It's been on the nightlight setting since setup and is working fine.   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TSZ21DZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1