Model Cars Magazine Forum

My What If Bugatti LSR Streamliner

23 hours ago, absmiami said:

And by the way. The renshape is soft enough for you to hammer some Louver patterns on to the body - if you want some female louvers ...  

Yeah, I think carving them in will be the way to go, I'll do some tests before commitment... Kind of like love.

21 hours ago, Big John said:

Have to admit that is a Hawk 1/6 weathered version that I picked up cheap to use as reference for my 1/8 stock version.

Didn't even notice that was on the bench at first glance and just assumed it was in the background...if that's any indication of what the streamliner is going to end-up looking then I'm going to have to keep following this.

No, sad to say this is going to be a 'curbside' version no engine bays no cockpit.  However an engine on frame mock up stand could be done.  I was planning a plenum box arrangement built into the frame rail to feed the carbs. The engine is already drawn in 1/24 just need to do the projections...  Oh, and build the thing.

At one time I was thinking 1/8 which would come out 7.7" long 4" tall, the 1/24 is only 2.56 x 1.44.

This is a very educational thread when you already have a love for Bonneville!  Your final paint scheme is ideal for the car and the era. I must try some of that Renshape.  I have previously produced LSR cars by vacforming over a hand-carved Jelutong mould.  The Renshape looks really interesting.

I will be following for sure!

Cheers

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...