Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've gotten burned out on foiling and painting cars as well as having some health issues that are causing me to have a low energy level so have started building some planes and armor kits that aren't so demanding in the painting dept.

Never built any of the old Monogram armor kits so thought i would give one a try. I went in knowing they are not accurate or well detailed but that's ok. It was a low stress, fun build that was easy to paint and that's just what i needed.

IMG_0697.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

• Like 1

For got to add it was painted with old Humbrol enamel #155 and some flat black on the road wheels and gunmetal on the MGs. Still needs some small touchups and the decals silvered but what the heck, it's not much of a kit anyway.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Pretty nice! What scale is it? It's obviously not their old 1/32 Sherman from the '70s, as those were both very early versions. Could it be something they got from Aurora, or could it be a Revell kit? 

It actually is one of their old 1/32 tanks. They also do a couple more versions.

Nice Sherman.

Actually I believe it is the old Revell "Black Magic" M4A1E8 (cast hull, 75mm gun) "easy eight" version that originally came out in the 50's. That box says 1/35th scale.

I have the old Monogram M4A1 75mm tank and it is in 1/32nd scale.

Edited by magicmustang

59 minutes ago, magicmustang said:

Nice Sherman.

Actually I believe it is the old Revell "Black Magic" M4A1E8 (cast hull, 75mm gun) "easy eight" version that originally came out in the 50's. That box says 1/35th scale.

I have the old Monogram M4A1 75mm tank and it is in 1/32nd scale.

Thanks , and yes it is the Black magic boxing. I just don't care for that name on a tank.

I have this same kit purchased back in the 70s, and at that time it was kitted under the Revell name. Mine was going to be blown up by firecrackers in a Super-8 movie, but that didn't happen. I now use it to test weathering techniques on as well as paints, etc. Yours is a nice, clean build and I like the color!