Model Cars Magazine Forum

V-Rod

BIGTRUCK

This MPC kit was only a partial build and because of its age the chrome was rather faded and in some areas it was rubbed to the plastic color. The grille was in great shape,wheels needed replacing and new windshield cut from some clear. Rear axle assy. needed the most work. Any chrome I removed was shot in gold. Engine is mostly kit with some parts box added. I decided not to try the kit decals. Colors are red metallic over gold coated with pearl. Interior is metallic red with buff tones and white.

20210617_070526.jpg

20210617_070536.jpg

20210617_070552.jpg

20210617_070614.jpg

20210617_070632.jpg

20210617_070606.jpg

20210617_070625.jpg

8 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I built my 32 Vicky with VW chassis, I caught a lot of grief from the modeling community that I was being disrespectful to Fords! 

I’ve watched Dean Milano hack up some pretty rare kits and build it his way over the last 20 some years. The non mainstream builds are what keeps our hobby fresh and it’s awesome to see what ideas are around the corner next. A Vicky on a VW frame has to be a wild one.👍

That is a very cool build there.  I wonder if it was a real buggy kit back in the day?  The thing that impresses me about the design is that it looks well proportioned and completely believable - a lot of VW kit cars were anything but!  I really enjoyed your sensitive restoration of this model and now need to find one - thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alan barton

That looks really cool! Had one as a kid and it went missing (actually have quite a few builds from my misspent youth) I was able to get my hands on another one thanks to a great trade here with fordf-100/Phillip Sparano a couple of years ago. Your build caused me to pull mine off the shelf again, trying not to start any more projects, but....

54 minutes ago, Phirewriter said:

was able to get my hands on another one thanks to a great trade here with fordf-100/Phillip Sparano 

Hey thats where I got mine from. He always has some great builders and vintage kits to trade.