Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Subscriber

• 1 month later...

Be patient. It takes time:

Hi friends of MCM,
There has been some talk recently about when the first issue of a subscription gets delivered, some of that talk very negative. Let me clarify the process for you:
New subscriptions to MCM generally take six to eight weeks to process. Once a subscription is received, the first issue of that subscription to be sent out is the NEXT issue to be published, not the CURRENT one. For example, if you subscribed in April 2021, when the current issue was #208, your subscription will start with issue #209 (due late June) which is the next to be published. I do not see this changing in the foreseeable future, however, once we are up and running with our new subscription management system, there may be some improvement.
Please bear in mind MCM is not a big corporate entity like Kalmbach or Time Life. We are a small business endeavoring to produce the best and most relevant model car magazine for our worldwide audience. Things don't happen immediately as much as some of us would like. That said, we appreciate your patience as we continue to get up to speed. As always, if you are unsatisfied with MCM, you can request a refund.
Thank you for your support of MCM. We will continue to improve the magazine in quality, content, and of course, delivery.

Best regards,

Larry Greenberg
Associate Editor
MODEL CARS Magazine

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Be patient. It takes time:

Hi friends of MCM,
There has been some talk recently about when the first issue of a subscription gets delivered, some of that talk very negative. Let me clarify the process for you:
New subscriptions to MCM generally take six to eight weeks to process. Once a subscription is received, the first issue of that subscription to be sent out is the NEXT issue to be published, not the CURRENT one. For example, if you subscribed in April 2021, when the current issue was #208, your subscription will start with issue #209 (due late June) which is the next to be published. I do not see this changing in the foreseeable future, however, once we are up and running with our new subscription management system, there may be some improvement.
Please bear in mind MCM is not a big corporate entity like Kalmbach or Time Life. We are a small business endeavoring to produce the best and most relevant model car magazine for our worldwide audience. Things don't happen immediately as much as some of us would like. That said, we appreciate your patience as we continue to get up to speed. As always, if you are unsatisfied with MCM, you can request a refund.
Thank you for your support of MCM. We will continue to improve the magazine in quality, content, and of course, delivery.

Best regards,

Larry Greenberg
Associate Editor
MODEL CARS Magazine

Thank you for the clarification!   I will be patient, and am wanting to help support the magazine and our hobby. 

Thanks again

On 8/9/2021 at 8:17 PM, FLHCAHZ said:

Thank you for the clarification!   I will be patient, and am wanting to help support the magazine and our hobby. 

Thanks again

Hi Chaz,

Many thanks to Casey for sharing my earlier post and explanation with you.  Your first issue of the subscription will be issue #210, due September/October.

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having been a MCM subscriber until the print version was discontinued, I am very happy to see that a print version is again available and have just subscribed again.

I only learned of the new print edition by accident but it would have been nice to have received notification that a print edition was again available. 

I don't know how many folks (like myself) simply didn't want an online version but would have jumped at the opportunity to again receive this great magazine in print.

It could be that I'm "late to the party", but has any thought been given to notifying former print subscribers who did not renew for the same reason that I didn't?