Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Dodge Challenger Trans Am

I have a couple of questions. Does any manufacture make a 1/25 (not 1/24) scale 1970 Dodge Challenger ? I want to build the Sam Posey car. Also what is the correct color green paint for the body ? Are there any model spray paints that are close ?

I think Revell offered one, although if memory serves, it was based on a diecast, which affects some aspects of body accuracy etc.

I think there's at least one member who built the Posey car, so I hope he'll chime in soon.

26 minutes ago, Monty said:

I think Revell offered one, although if memory serves, it was based on a diecast, which affects some aspects of body accuracy etc.

I think there's at least one member who built the Posey car, so I hope he'll chime in soon.

Monty Yes a member from New Zealand did a build awhile  ago, but I'm pretty sure he used the 1/24 scale kit. I have the Revell AAR Cuda in 1/25 scale and the Revell Challenger in 1/24. I just don't like the size of the 1/24 as most of my models are 1/25. I'll check around for the Revell one based on the diecast  Thanks.

12 hours ago, Michael jones said:

Gidday, I built the one in the link below. Took a lot of work to transform it!

Yes you did an excellent job on this model. I was hoping to find a challenger like the revell aar cuda because it has the interior without the back seat. I'm not good at carving up an interior to remove the back seat & console. I tried it with the 1/24 scale 1970 pontiac trans am & it came out not looking very good.