Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for 59 Caddy taillights

42 minutes ago, keyser said:

Amt 49 Merc has chrome ones with bezel. Should be ez to get out of parts boxes with request here. Can just cut them off the 2x mount and add 2 more

Some versions of the 49 Merc kit had the taillight parts molded in clear red.  At least the stock lights were.

On 8/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, camaro69 said:

Hi Tom,

I had designded them per request some time ago and they are still available at my shapeways store...

https://www.shapeways.com/product/6K9CZZZ2M/1-25-1959-cadillac-taillights?optionId=106113942&li=shops

Rico

Nice looking tail lights. Do you have them in stock or are they made to order? I notice in your avatar you're in Germany. How long would it be to get them?

Edited by 58 Impala

12 hours ago, 58 Impala said:

Nice looking tail lights. Do you have them in stock or are they made to order? I notice in your avatar you're in Germany. How long would it be to get them?

Just order them straight from Shapeways and they will print them and get them out to you in a couple weeks. Get the highest quality print available, it's worth the extra buck or two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 8:05 PM, 1st 700 Quad said:

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has them in packs of 4. Part number P-154. Great quality, like all of Norm's parts.

Thanks, Steve. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Norm in the past. Quality parts for sure. Didn't think to look at my last catalog. I not only ordered those but another $40 worth of stuff

also. Once you start looking through his list, you cant help it. Also getting an updated catalog.

Edited by 58 Impala

4 hours ago, 58 Impala said:

Thanks, Steve. I've bought a bunch of stuff from Norm in the past. Quality parts for sure. Didn't think to look at my last catalog. I not only ordered those but another $40 work of stuff

also. Once you start looking through his list, you cant help it. Also getting an updated catalog.

His stuff is Primo, that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, 1st 700 Quad said:

His stuff is Primo, that's for sure.

I second that.  I am planning on building a replica of Toad's Impala so I bought a couple of packs of Norm's 59 Caddy tail lights about two years ago.  The following website The REAL "American Graffiti" '58 Impala - xFrameChevy.com has some nice reference pics of Toad's Impala.

6 hours ago, carrucha said:

I second that.  I am planning on building a replica of Toad's Impala so I bought a couple of packs of Norm's 59 Caddy tail lights about two years ago.  The following website The REAL "American Graffiti" '58 Impala - xFrameChevy.com has some nice reference pics of Toad's Impala.

Thanks for the link Hector. I have found most of those pictures, but that link has better interior shots. I'm going to attempt the roll & tuck interior with some half round styrene.

Always loved the 58 Impala, my dad had one when I was a kid. Baby blue with the 348. images.jpeg.edf5423280dcbb77fef97a914c188e7f.jpegUnknown.jpeg.d875f48811d31741ff305a913b6c5f4d.jpeg

12 hours ago, carrucha said:

My Hands-Down favorite "car" movie.

8 hours ago, 58 Impala said:

Thanks for the link Hector. I have found most of those pictures, but that link has better interior shots. I'm going to attempt the roll & tuck interior with some half round styrene.

Always loved the 58 Impala, my dad had one when I was a kid. Baby blue with the 348. images.jpeg.edf5423280dcbb77fef97a914c188e7f.jpegUnknown.jpeg.d875f48811d31741ff305a913b6c5f4d.jpeg

The pictures in the link were taken before Ray Evernham bought the Impala and restored it.  The restoration was featured on his tv show AmeriCarna in 2017 on the Velocity channel.  I think he should have left it unrestored like the Bullitt Mustang.  He should have left the paint alone and only restore the mechanicals.  Even though it is the same Impala from the movie and it looks how it appeared in the movie after the restoration, it is not the same.  The restoration has removed it's movie history.

On 8/22/2021 at 4:46 PM, carrucha said:

The pictures in the link were taken before Ray Evernham bought the Impala and restored it.  The restoration was featured on his tv show AmeriCarna in 2017 on the Velocity channel.  I think he should have left it unrestored like the Bullitt Mustang.  He should have left the paint alone and only restore the mechanicals.  Even though it is the same Impala from the movie and it looks how it appeared in the movie after the restoration, it is not the same.  The restoration has removed it's movie history.

I disagree. Why would you want it to liike no-one has cared about it for years. You KNOW Steve Bolander would have taken care of it after college (If he ever went).