Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg Big Red Rod

cobraman

Starting this kit next . As been reported here before the newer version of this kit does NOT include any chrome parts even tho it shows chrome on the box . Not a problem for me because I want to try and build it as a car that a teen or young guy may have built years ago . So I would have removed most of the chrome anyway . I have no idea where I will put this one done ! 

37C154E6-8B1A-4126-BEF7-F4D5052A721B.jpeg

479F6D14-512D-4C40-8142-58EA1EBA11B5.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

Ray, I know you saw mine, and it does look good with minimal or no chrome.  Just remember to go to Walmart and get your $15 display case.  😀

I will be watching your take on this one.

20201209_170523.thumb.jpg.b26d4bae5306924853c8da64352cec78.jpg

To be honest yours is what got me interested in this kit. I suspect mine will be very much like yours but I plan on painting it with Tamiya Metallic Orange.

2 hours ago, Zippi said:

Good looking project coming up with the Ford T bucket.  What year is this kit suppose to be?  What color is on your mind?

Not sure about year. As for color I am leaning heavily towards Tamiya Metallic Orange. Same color I just painted the Cobra I just finished.

3 hours ago, Zippi said:

Good looking project coming up with the Ford T bucket.  What year is this kit suppose to be?  What color is on your mind?

It is a 1915, and is a copy of a car that was on the show circuit and in magazines at the time. The original issue of the kit had gold plated trees and not chrome to try and replicate the brass work on the actual car.

Ray, that orange will be perfect for this.

Edited by Sam I Am

3 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I bought those same slicks but they don't work well with the kit wheels. I have also been searching for the pic up bed but no luck so far.

I had to modify the rear wheels and use Monogram fronts. The bed is also Monogram as well as a bunch of other parts.