Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust-Oleum won't give me straight answers to my questions about Testors enamel weights.

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

I do think we should all remain civil to a fellow model builder.

That said, these threads are entertaining 🤷‍♂️

Fellow model builder?  Are you sure "Mr. Anonymous" has actually built anything lately?  He seems to be too busy with theoretical musings about model paint gravity.

I no longer give him any advice, but I am reading all the replies from everybody, including Mr. Crazy, as I find it all very amusing.

What's funniest here is that he received a pretty useful reply from the paint manufacturer, which he chose to ignore and continue his quest for perfection on the first try.  This thread is the silliest thing I have seen in a very long time.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Apparently there is a direct correlation between reloading ordinance...and painting your AMT 1968 Roadrunner body! 🙄

It's ordnance, not ordinance. And Plum Crazy wasn't available on the '68 Road Runner. Didn't come out until the '70 model year. ;)

Just now, StevenGuthmiller said:

Yeah, but it's so much more fun than watching re-runs of "Cops". :D

Steve

Well, that's why I'm still watching the comments here.  Just no more advice from me.  Not worth wasting my time and energy tryign to provide some  of my hands-on experience to "Mr. Theoretical". :D

After readying all the threads he has posted here I also begun suspecting that he is just having fun with us, but he might actually be serious (in the type of questions he posts, and in ignoring all the helpful hints).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

It's ordnance, not ordinance. And Plum Crazy wasn't available on the '68 Road Runner. Didn't come out until the '70 model year. ;)

Sorry, I don't have an "Associate of Science" degree, so you shouldn't expect me to be able to spell. :P

I guess spell check doesn't catch everything. ^_^

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

23 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

Obviously I’ll be eventually? working with fine tip: 6C594D57-1678-439E-863B-C28A3BEB56B6.thumb.jpeg.7b5e916ce69f2909a218d989b1c20283.jpeg

As evidenced by the photo, the tip of a normal Fine Point Sharpie is a whole 1/8” wide, whereas the Ultra Fine Point Sharpie’s point is only 1/32” wide. This will aid in my goal of 100% unobtainable perfection in detailing my model that I’m stressing over so much, that I haven’t started on yet.

Hey…are those available in purple?😈

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Smoke Wagon said:

You... you madman! Have you any idea the the difference in weight between purple and black ink??? 

No. But I have e-mailed Newell Brands to request this information, and also exactly how many passes are required to get complete opaque coverage, and what weather conditions are most favourable. Ooh…darn it, I forgot to ask them if each pass should alternate directionally or be parallel?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I think that's become the general consensus.

Steve

I did not make this thread to ask for advice from others. I already know what I need to know now that I'm left to my own devices. I posted it to reveal my discoveries on my own to share with you all like a good soul. Sharing is caring. I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh, Lord please don't let me be misunderstood.