Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

NextGen NASCAR


bbowser
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, gasman said:

I fully expect NASCAR will have some electrification within the next 4-5 years, 

 

This new car was designed to allow adding electric hybrid components in the future, so yes its coming at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

This new car was designed to allow adding electric hybrid components in the future, so yes its coming at some point.

That should make pit stops interesting.  Instead of coming in for tires & fuel, it'll be tires & a battery pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

For those looking for the new Next Gen NASCAR kits from JR looks like production will start on Monday with stuff shipping by the 15th. Just watching their Cars and Coffee on FB now. 

They're doing the Chase cars for their club first then the rollout cars so shouldn't be long for them to start hitting stores.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Salvino's posted a live update on FB during the day yesterday. Production of the Chase kits was in full swing with them producing enough of the Chase kits to fulfill their Builder's Club and webstore sales first, before flipping to production of the Rollout kits. I asked when shipping would start and the plan was to start that afternoon or at the latest today (Tuesday). So if you are a Club member or bought a Chase kit of their site you should be getting the kit very soon. 

They showed some of the parts trees, silver and black plastic and, in my opinion unfortunately, the Chase body was molded in a Napa Blue colour. I assume the decals will have the white? no idea, didn't see a shot of them. Personally I would have preferred to see them do the kits in all white or a light grey. They did show some of the Rollout hoods and those were in a offwhite colour similar to the colour on the Rollout car.

Should you get your kit this week please post up some shots of the contents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first 5 variations all come from the same tooling......so once up and running only the color of plastic is different. 

I know they are trying to sell to newbies with the molded in color stuff.......be nice if they'd do some in all white or light gray plastic. 

It will be a while before most of us non club members see a kit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a club member and don't do Facebook but was able to order a couple of the new models from their site so guess I'll get them when they're ready to ship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Not a club member and don't do Facebook but was able to order a couple of the new models from their site so guess I'll get them when they're ready to ship.

If I NEEDED them ASAP I'd do the same. But my LHS offers them at a discount and NO shipping.....so I'll wait.  Now if it was a Mustang.......different story!!!😄

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, no hurry to get them but have ordered this way in the past and works well for me. No hobby shops around here so do my model shopping online but not sure if and when they will be available. Supposedly only 5000 of each being made?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

Salvino's posted a live update on FB during the day yesterday. Production of the Chase kits was in full swing with them producing enough of the Chase kits to fulfill their Builder's Club and webstore sales first, before flipping to production of the Rollout kits. I asked when shipping would start and the plan was to start that afternoon or at the latest today (Tuesday). So if you are a Club member or bought a Chase kit of their site you should be getting the kit very soon. 

They showed some of the parts trees, silver and black plastic and, in my opinion unfortunately, the Chase body was molded in a Napa Blue colour. I assume the decals will have the white? no idea, didn't see a shot of them. Personally I would have preferred to see them do the kits in all white or a light grey. They did show some of the Rollout hoods and those were in a offwhite colour similar to the colour on the Rollout car.

Should you get your kit this week please post up some shots of the contents. 

Here's a look at what he was saying
Bit disappointing they are doing Chase's car in blue

I have the roll out kits on pre order since those were suppose to come out first, I just ordered one of Chase's direct from them , I will of course be doing the WITB video .

 

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11-33-21 Facebook Live Facebook.png

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just came in my email

 

 

logo.jpg?1523488883
HMC2022CEP box top red
 

Shipping Has Begun!

After alterations, Covid, and assorted delays, we are now shipping the Chase Elliott Next Gen Camaro ZL1 and the sold out **Rollout Camaro kits! You can order now from the Salvinos J R Models web store for immediate shipping. If you want to order the Byron and Bowman kits, you should order separately to avoid delays on shipping of your Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson kits.

HMC2022KLP box top red
HMC2022ABP box top red
HMC2022WBP box top track

Don't forget to join us on Saturday mornings at 9:00 central on our Facebook page for our weekly live video show!

 

©2022 Salvinos JR Models | 1240 E. Ontario Ave. #102 PMB 327, Corona, CA 92881

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

 

I have the roll out kits on pre order since those were suppose to come out first, I just ordered one of Chase's direct from them , I will of course be doing the WITB video .

 

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11-33-21 Facebook Live Facebook.png

The Rollout Kit was suppose to have been shipped back in early March. Then for March they made the Chase kit the "Kit of the Month" for their club members. But with the changes NASCAR had Salvino's make everything got pushed back. So they decided to do just enough Chase kits for the Club members and anyone that ordered direct from their site. Once those two lots are filled they're going back to the Rollout Kits then back to Chase's then the others etc....they're probably well into it, on Saturday they were saying they figured they could run around 1000 kits a day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Here's a look at what he was saying
Bit disappointing they are doing Chase's car in blue

I have the roll out kits on pre order since those were suppose to come out first, I just ordered one of Chase's direct from them , I will of course be doing the WITB video .

 

Screenshot 2022-04-12 at 11-33-21 Facebook Live Facebook.png

Not only blue, but Kyle Larson blue. 🤪

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jhedir6 said:

The Rollout Kit was suppose to have been shipped back in early March. Then for March they made the Chase kit the "Kit of the Month" for their club members. But with the changes NASCAR had Salvino's make everything got pushed back. So they decided to do just enough Chase kits for the Club members and anyone that ordered direct from their site. Once those two lots are filled they're going back to the Rollout Kits then back to Chase's then the others etc....they're probably well into it, on Saturday they were saying they figured they could run around 1000 kits a day. 

They initially wanted the roll out kits to be out in Feb,  so its been delayed by a few months.   It is interesting they are going back and fourth on the two versions and not just getting the runs done at one time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Matt T. said:

Not only blue, but Kyle Larson blue. 🤪

Yes, it is very close to that blue,  I think its say to say they will be molding that one in blue too.

Edited by martinfan5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got notice from Salvinos that my Chase kit is shipped as of today. Now to see how long it takes to go from California to Ontario Canada. I'm guessing 14 days....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...