Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 539

Here the new challenge

The rules for the Autoquiz and One-Off Build Quiz  are

• No answers allow in the ongoing Auto quiz thread
  • No comments  in the ongoing Auto quiz thread that give any clues or suggestion to the car in question
  • A PM must be sent to the one who has started the ongoing thread 
  • The PM must contain Year of production, Manufacturer and Type
  • In case of violating the rules  the quiz will closed immediately and no winners will be announced

So please stick with the rules and don't ignore them. 

Auotquiz 539.jpg

19 hours ago, peteski said:

Good point!  I didn't even look at the sign. If the photo was taken in USA (no reasons to doubt it), then I bet that car is far away from its homeland! 

The owner looks like and engineer geek, which would make sense.

15 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

The owner looks like and engineer geek, which would make sense.

Do you not like engineers?

I wonder if they do typos like yours?

The point is not to give clues. Peteski's comment is a borderline clue. But the car's homeland is surely where it's home is. This one lives in the States, or did once. 

But whatever, I'd have one as a shopping car.

Looks like a gas.

-Don.

Don, you either got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or you are being funny.  Since we aren't face-to-face it is hard do tell how what your intentions were. No emoticons, or other clues.  Hmmm, maybe you were pissed off.

Excuse my poor choice of words.  With English being my 2nd language, I thought "homeland" was when one was born.

19 hours ago, DonW said:

Do you not like engineers?

I wonder if they do typos like yours?

The point is not to give clues. Peteski's comment is a borderline clue. But the car's homeland is surely where it's home is. This one lives in the States, or did once. 

But whatever, I'd have one as a shopping car.

Looks like a gas.

-Don.

Nothing borderline about Peteski's comment . It is a violation of the rules. It is isolating the origin of the vehicle. I guess some still need to read the rules again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

... a violation of the rules. It is isolating the origin of the vehicle. ...

"Outside the U.S." isolates its origin? If an educated guess is that we can rule out Antarctica, I'm thinking the origins are only narrowed down to five other possible continents.

Oh great.  Here we go again!  People getting their panties all in a bunch about an online game that is suppose to be about fun!!  It's a frigin meaningless game people.  Play it, have fun with it, but quit treating it like your life and reputation were on the line!  M.W. puts a lot of effort into it to get it ready, but I am sure he doesn't expect anyone to make an uproar over some one else's comment.  Quit taking the fun out of it and get over it!

• Like 2

Guys, my original statement was "I suspect I know the region of the world this car was manufactured. "

I did not state that the region wasn't USA!! I did not mention any part of the world either!!   I also stated "I suspect", not "I know".  Nowhere in there is any hint of the car's origin. You are all putting words in my mouth.  In no way my statement is any sort of a hint as to the origin of the vehicle. I don't get it.

In my second post I stated "If the photo was taken in USA (no reasons to doubt it), then I bet that car is far away from its homeland!".

"I bet"? Is this really considered a hint?  I'm no expert.  I just don't get it.

Edited by peteski

Let come back to the roots of this quiz. I was looking for the 1955- 1961 Lloyd Alexander.  Some said it is the 600 and I also missed a little detail it has an opening trunkThis feature identify as an Alexander while the 600 didn't had a trunk that could be openEd from the outside. So this i s my Failure and all who said Lloyd 600 ARE ALSO CORRECT.

The following members provide the correct answer:

Bucky

DonW

Richard Bartrop

otherunicorn

ChrisR

VW93

Pete J.

Earl Marischall

dw1603

matthijsgrit

Thom