Model Cars Magazine Forum

How have you guys been dealing with the "new" Bare Metal Foil?

I recieved email from Randy at BMF and he replied to me today that he is getting a new shipment of material Thursday and should be able to ship out orders on Monday. So if from what he said, how did someone get  the new new stuff already.  Anyway, I also asked him if its the Ultra or Chrome or both.  Waiting for his reply.

31 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Update:  So Randy at BMF emailed back to say the shipment of "materials" is delayed until around the 18th of April and he is going on vacation so who knows when the "new" stuff will be available.

Well hopefully after he returns from vacation.  In our hobbies we often have to wait for things (weeks, months years). :)

14 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Just received this today.

Hi Johnny,

I have finally received the foil. I am making a run of product today. I should be able to send your replacement sheet of chrome out on Monday.

Regards,

Randy P. Mason
Bare-Metal Foil Co.
248 477-0813

Thats thats certainly different than what he told me.    

3 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Yeah so how is he making he making a run of product if he's on vacation? Maybe he hasn't gone on vacation yet? Maybe he didn't actually get delayed? ????????????????????????????? lol

On 4/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, TransAmMike said:

Why not just sit back and enjoy the fact that it appears that  the "good" chrome BMF will be available again soon?

From the info (emails from  BMF) posted here it seems that BMF does not "make" the foil in-house. They have an outside supplier that makes the stuff.  BMF  might receive it in a roll which they then cut and package, or maybe the supplier does all that.  Who knows.  But we should be overjoyed that we will have the stuff back.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Randy at BMF emailed me today to tell me he has the "new" foil available for shipment now. Order today, will go out tomorrow.

Good news.  Looks like Randy worked through the Easter Sunday to make his customers happy!

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

Site says out of stock when you try to order lol

Well when I tried to put the Chrome in the cart it said that but not the Ultra so thats what I ordered.  I got a reply back from Randy after the order and he said he's sending it out tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Well when I tried to put the Chrome in the cart it said that but not the Ultra so thats what I ordered.  I got a reply back from Randy after the order and he said he's sending it out tomorrow.

Cool guess I'll have to wait for the chrome.

52 minutes ago, AMT68 said:

Just curious Mike is there a sticker or some type of indication on the package stating it's the better or original product. 

I really hope there is. Otherwise the chances of buying the "bad" stuff is still very possible from online retailers, swap meets and hobby shops.

3 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Just curious Mike is there a sticker or some type of indication on the package stating it's the better or original product. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I really hope there is. Otherwise the chances of buying the "bad" stuff is still very possible from online retailers, swap meets and hobby shops.

I had to order the Ultra because its what Randy at BMF said was the "new" stuff.  

NO, there is not any indication on the package that says its the new foil so Craig, you are right, ya won't be able to tell.

At any rate, as far as I can tell, it is like what we have been used to.  It's thick enough to not tear easily and it sticks like crazy.  I'm a happy camper.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

I had to order the Ultra because its what Randy at BMF said was the "new" stuff.  

Hmmm.  That doesn't give me "warm and fuzzies". :(  BMF "Ultra" foil was always crappy - too stiff to work with.  Oh well, I have decent stash of the "good stuff".  At the frequency I currently build new model's I should be all set for life.

• Like 1