Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from the Badger State!

Long time lurker, decided to join as I have questions... lotsa questions, mainly about my lack of painting skills. 66 years young, built a LOT of models back in the 60s/early 70s and am getting back into it.

Looking forward to participating in the great discussions here!

-Raoul

Here's my first attempt after many years.

0224180621.jpg

0224180620b.jpg

0224180618.jpg

0224180617a.jpg

0224180617.jpg

0224180616a.jpg

Edited by Raoul Ross

Thanx Zippi. It was one of the Holy Grails when I was a kid and never got around to building. Next up is a Blue Printer MonkeeMobile I picked up at a huge model store in Minneapolis a few years ago. Missing the windshield but that shouldn't be too hard to reproduce.

3 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Which one? I assume you've visited Scale Model Supplies, in St. Paul? I loved that place, when I lived up that way!

Very nice "comeback" build. Like the colors--stance is right on! Nice work!

I do not remember the name but there's Rail Road X-ing signal in the parking lot, 2 or 3 slotcar tracks and a scale drag strip in the back! Some really old/out of production kits, it was a little slice of heaven!

1 hour ago, Raoul Ross said:

I do not remember the name but there's Rail Road X-ing signal in the parking lot, 2 or 3 slotcar tracks and a scale drag strip in the back! Some really old/out of production kits, it was a little slice of heaven!

That's Scale Model Supplies! Down in the basement. Locals call it "The Dungeon". That place is like stepping back in time! It's one of my favorite hobby shops, ever, and anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...