Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coming attractions! 1965 Dodge AWB car from Moebius and Model King

Dave Metzner

Here are what we think will be final 3Ds for the 65 Dodge AWB hardtop. This set of images DOES NOT show a complete chassis, just enough to show placement of wheels in body. The new kit will share the chassis and mechanicals of the 65 Plymouth AWB kit.

It will include Hilborn injection set  as well as carbuerators. 

I would expect release date to be late Spring - Early Summer - Project is only a set of draawings and the parts from the Plymouth mockups have not been made yet and tooling cannot start until mockups ar approved. Mockups will be done after Chinese New year (around Feb 11)

These are posted as a preview of this upcomming kit release. 

2.jpg.a6135871a870da2635d9b6b5b45ad5d9.jpg1.jpg.c9764c95f0abbf22453a48c7db936fcd.jpg9.jpg.c29eb46d1a71c3a5c3371fcbec23f4dd.jpg8.jpg.c2bc6021a988c7101daf7ac03b681361.jpg7.jpg.e72069c4b62198b2e12943ba309196ab.jpg6.jpg.1843def3745e8a3a64ac07e17d5ef23e.jpg5.jpg.5d909fcb3d0d067079710a8e334b8242.jpg4.jpg.0b104bac68ac5e36e74c744b8bd9fa95.jpg3.jpg.d91f1a6218bf6d73428bc87791333124.jpg

• Like 6

All right!  I've got a Polar Lights Coronet AWB in the works, a new build of a CAR MODEL magazine cover car that I got about three years ago.  The PL body needed to be "de-sectioned" (area below the beltline raised by adding material), its wheel openings are too high also.  It will be interesting to see Moebius' take on the Dodge also.  You just can't have enough altered wheelbase cars!

20200926_074619.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Any chance we'll see a standard wheelbase H/T down the road? I was showing this to a few people off board and they mentioned that was the version they'd like to see even if they have to merge it with other 65 Mopar kits to get the motor-vational innards they want.

I bet a standard wheelbase hardtop is probably in the works.  Keep in mind Moebius did both the 65 Satellite and 65 Belvedere standard wheelbase bodies.  So, chances are probably good that the same will be done for the 65 Coronet. But, that is just speculation.

Stock hard top not currently in development, not as easy to do as the race cars - they have same interior as corresponding Plymouths only need to do a dash and steering wheel for the Dodge - the stock hardtop is a complete interior - more parts, more cost.. with the PL kit redilly available, we decided to hold off on the hardtop it wouldn't be out of the question in the future, just not in development at this time...

Edited by Dave Metzner
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dave Metzner said:

Stock hard top not currently in development, not as easy to do as the race cars - they have same interior as corresponding Plymouths only need to do a dash and steering wheel for the Dodge - the stock hardtop is a complete interior - more parts, more cost.. with the PL kit redilly available, we decided to hold off on the hardtop it wouldn't be out of the question in the future, just not in development at this time...

The stock 2 dr sedan is great, hope you get a proper bench seat and rear seat and a 383/426 wedge engine and stock wheel covers too(dog dish)..Going to be nice for sure..I owned one that was a 6 cyl and was one of many for the Internal Revenue Department..Guy put a 383 manual in it and did a BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH job..Worked on it and it was a looker..didn't import them to Canada till 1966..I had the only one (and still is in Manitoba) Looking forward to your model..

4 hours ago, Dave Metzner said:

Appreciate the feedback. 

Dave thanks for posting these.  I am so excited to build this 65 as I have built multiple Polar Lights kits and one sedan A990 resin from many years ago.  I am currently building an original AMT 65 from parts from multiple sources.  Great news.  

The sedan is based on the Plymouth - it shares the interior which is essentially the Super Stock interior... the Dodge kit will essentially be same mechanically as the California Flash S/S kit..Other versions of the Sedan could be done later, but this kit is basically an A990 Hemi Sedan...

A max wedge car like the Plymouth Belvedere is another possibility in the future - a bone-stock, bench seat - grandma's grocery getter not as likely, anytime real soon, as that requires an entirely new interior...Same problem with the Plymouth Belvedere as the bone stock interior really would have to be developed to make that oe into a factory stock version.

Edited by Dave Metzner
  • Like 1

Just being able to build an A990 Hemi Sedan out of the box, with no kit bashing, will be a great thing!

I hope these kits sell really well. I've seen a couple of the 990 clones at the March Meets. Outstanding cars.

(Dave, is there any chance that the kit would be able to give seating Options? Bench and Buckets both? and some optional wheels?... Thanks)

Edited by alexis
  • Like 1