Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya McLaren Senna built in a special way

Raul

Hi all, this is my first post here. I started this hobby 1 year ago and it became my favorite hobby. I like creativity so I created some stop motion movie of the actual build, using some LEGO characters from LEGO Friends kit.

Enjoy!

20220410_235713.jpg

20220411_000925.jpg

20220422_121827_001.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! Indeed, quite some patience is required :D. To do the movie I took a picture each 0.1 seconds so roughly 2000 pictures were taken (some of them were not used). 

I am an automotive engineer so I like cars therefore the dedication in learning in 1 year :)) also the youtube tutorials helped a lot! The only issue is the cost...from nothing I ended up having 100 paint bottles and a harder and steenbeck airbrush :))

• Like 1

I think to make the movie it took me like 8 hours. The car itself took way more, especially because I've used Alclad paint and I was not familiar with it, and had to remove the paint and repaint like 3 times :)) 

• Like 1

Thanks guys, didn't expect so many kind words!

Regarding the fun, everybody gets fun in its own way.

For me doing the build itself is really fun cause I like cars and I am still learning to do stuff, but once you reach the perfection I guess you can find alternative ways to still have fun like making a video for example :)

On 4/26/2022 at 12:01 PM, 70 Sting said:

Fun video, must have been a lot of work. You’re building kits of that quality after only 1 year? 😳

Well, you know what they say... Tamiya kits practically build themselves, just never knew they do that with the help of those Lego guys... 😁

Fantastic video, great model! Would love to see more of your creativity!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy124 said:

Well, you know what they say... Tamiya kits practically build themselves, just never knew they do that with the help of those Lego guys... 😁

Fantastic video, great model! Would love to see more of your creativity!

Fully agree. I am working now on a Fujimi BMW 635 CSI and you can see a huge difference with the Tamiya one. This reflects also in the price of the kits. Didn't expect this though, because when I hear Japan I always think of quality 🤔

Anyway, I found out there are lots of passionate people here, so will for sure share it once I finish! :)

• 6 months later...