Model Cars Magazine Forum

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Wylde Parnelle on a few custom projects. Stand up, very talented guy! Over the course of time, we’ve become friends. In our many discussions, shipping over the border is an issue. One of my other friends was interested in a set of wheels, but $30, total, killed that sale.

All this being said, I have agreed to distribute his product in the US. Save us some money by not having to ship over the border. Currently, we ship stuff back and forth. Bulk shipping works a little better than small parts shipping.

In the coming weeks, we plan on finalizing some details. I do plan on having a vendor table at the September Showdown in Boyertown, PA! See how this goes and proceed accordingly! 

I know some of you are aware, as I announced this in my last column! So far your responses to me, have been most positive! I think once you work with Wylde’s parts, you will be very pleased.  More details will follow!

Edited by George Bojaciuk
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Hondamatic said:

I was checking out his dodge van conversion parts, but his site said he wouldn't ship to hawaii 

I do ship to Hawaii...it says "My USA flat rate shipping is $17 with tracking up to a max weight of 0.19 kg (including Hawaii)." :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wylde said:

I do ship to Hawaii...it says "My USA flat rate shipping is $17 with tracking up to a max weight of 0.19 kg (including Hawaii)." :)

Whoops, sorry about that. I got too excited and I'm always used to having hawaii excluded. Will definitely order sometime, hope you come out with more van stuff, chevy van update parts maybe? 

12 minutes ago, Hondamatic said:

Whoops, sorry about that. I got too excited and I'm always used to having hawaii excluded. Will definitely order sometime, hope you come out with more van stuff, chevy van update parts maybe? 

On my list I have plan to make conversions to more commercial style fronts for GMC and Chevy. I personally need 1980 GMC Vandura with round headlights for example. If you want anything in particular, shoot me an email and I will add it to my list. Once I fully retire (less than 2 years) I will be pounding out new stuff a with lot more frequency.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wylde said:

On my list I have plan to make conversions to more commercial style fronts for GMC and Chevy. I personally need 1980 GMC Vandura with round headlights for example. If you want anything in particular, shoot me an email and I will add it to my list. Once I fully retire (less than 2 years) I will be pounding out new stuff a with lot more frequency.

Those would need a new dash and doghouse too but I'm excited to see what you come up with 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Wylde Parnelle on a few custom projects. Stand up, very talented guy! Over the course of time, we’ve become friends. In our many discussions, shipping over the border is an issue. One of my other friends was interested in a set of wheels, but $30, total, killed that sale.

All this being said, I have agreed to distribute his product in the US. Save us some money by not having to ship over the border. Currently, we ship stuff back and forth. Bulk shipping works a little better than small parts shipping.

In the coming weeks, we plan on finalizing some details. I do plan on having a vendor table at the September Showdown in Boyertown, PA! See how this goes and proceed accordingly! 

I know some of you are aware, as I announced this in my last column! So far your responses to me, have been most positive! I think once you work with Wylde’s parts, you will be very pleased.  More details will follow!

Cool!  I was just looking at some of his stuff - really liking the Chevy S-10 parts.   George - how does one find your site or listings or however you market products?

There are several model show venues and clubs I can hook up with. If you can pick it up and look at it, it’s sold! I may even try NNL East if the show is held. Mama’s boys just had a show, but a trip down to a club meeting might work! Then again, Lyle can up up in Feb and we can spend quality time in the my “meat locker” shop!

This is awesome news as I was interested in a 71 Chevelle conversion but the extra $17 in shipping across the border had me rethinking it, but if you will have it George, then I am back in! I will look over the website as I was hoping someone would do some more grilles for the GMC Deserter and it looks like Wylde is working on em!

15 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

This is awesome news as I was interested in a 71 Chevelle conversion but the extra $17 in shipping across the border had me rethinking it, but if you will have it George, then I am back in! I will look over the website as I was hoping someone would do some more grilles for the GMC Deserter and it looks like Wylde is working on em!

GMC Deserter?

16 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

what kind of grilles would you be wanting. I love the square body gm trucks so not outside of my wheelhouse :)

3 hours ago, Wylde said:

what kind of grilles would you be wanting. I love the square body gm trucks so not outside of my wheelhouse :)

The 82-90 Chevy S-10 grilles would nice. The 85-87 Chevy and GMC truck grilles with single headlights as well as 88-91 Model years would be nice.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wylde said:

I love the square body gm trucks so not outside of my wheelhouse

Would love to see this one in 1/25. Seems every possible version of dual-headlight models has been made, but not this single-light version.

87 grille (Medium).jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Would love to see this one in 1/25. Seems every possible version of dual-headlight models has been made, but not this single-light version.

87 grille (Medium).jpeg

ok, I will add that to my ever growing list.

• Thanks 1

20220610_142604.thumb.jpg.8171e1007165b874acda906865d3f556.jpg

On 6/27/2022 at 1:49 PM, mikemodeler said:

The 82-90 Chevy S-10 grilles would nice. The 85-87 Chevy and GMC truck grilles with single headlights as well as 88-91 Model years would be nice.

I've done the S10 grill, printed one and sent it off to be test fit. I have not heard back from him yet. I think it looks great, but I don't have a kit to test it on. 

Edited by Oldmopars

7 minutes ago, Oldmopars said:

20220610_142604.thumb.jpg.8171e1007165b874acda906865d3f556.jpg

I've done the S10 grill, printed one and sent it off to be test fit. I have not heard back from him yet. I think it looks great, but I don't have a kit to test it on. 

I owned 3 different S-10's - 82, 88 & 91. The 82 & 88 had the same grille setup and that lower valance panel did not turn up at the ends under the headlight bezel. Otherwise that looks dang close accurate! I have a spare body if you want to use it to check the fit. There is also the 91-92 grille that would be nice to have, along with the GMC version.

Edited by mikemodeler

14 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I owned 3 different S-10's - 82, 88 & 91. The 82 & 88 had the same grille setup and that lower valance panel did not turn up at the ends under the headlight bezel. Otherwise that looks dang close accurate! I have a spare body if you want to use it to check the fit. There is also the 91-92 grille that would be nice to have, along with the GMC version.

The curve of the valance is caused by resin warp. In reality it is straight. 

If you have a spare body, I would love to use it to perfect the grill.