Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for some Cragars

Morning gentlemen, I hope all is well and that I'm posting this in the proper location

What I am looking for is a set of Cragars for an upcoming build but I'm not sure where I can find them. Does anyone know of an aftermarket set somewhere of of they came as part of another kit? Thanks in advance 

Cragar.png

Pegasus makes a set called Mini T's. They're nice and come with a set of tires. MRC makes a set of six wheels with four tires. But, the price they command will hurt your wallet. Kit wise, the Monogram/Revell '37 Ford coupe and the AMT '66 Nova SS have the best ones IMO. For staggered Cragars, the AMT Baldwin Motion '70 Camaro has a nice set.

The best thing to do is make a post in the wanted section. Cragars are a very common wheel and any number of builder's have a set that they would trade. 

Edited by Plowboy
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone for the quick and informative responses. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now to find the right option. Off the cuff it looks like either get the AMT Wheel set (4 wheels and tires) $14 plus shipping or the Revell 37 Ford coupe for $11 plus shipping on ebay. Humm..... 🤫

I totally forgot about this one. I you have a Hobby Lobby near you and if they have any of this kit left, you could get this kit it has some nice Cragars and also pad printed white letter tires. Now this is the way I would go. 

Get it before this week is out. next week the 40% off deal ends. Then you will have to wait another week (the 40% off deal is every other week. You can pick up lots of other stuff too.

1968 Camaro Z/28 Model Kit | Hobby Lobby | 1021153

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Be careful!

His stuff is SOOOOOO good that you’ll probably wind up dropping at least a C-note before you leave the site.

The best scale carburetors on the planet.....hands down!!!

Steve

I'm a big fan of his off-road tires and wheels. I too usually end up buying way too much stuff. Be patient, He has been really busy as of late.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dirkpitt289 said:

Thank you everyone for the quick and informative responses. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now to find the right option. Off the cuff it looks like either get the AMT Wheel set (4 wheels and tires) $14 plus shipping or the Revell 37 Ford coupe for $11 plus shipping on ebay. Humm..... 🤫

I see your quandary. I think you can figure it out. 

• Like 1

Well I went back and watched an old YouTube video and forgot that this kit contains 2 sets of the pad print Goodyears (looks like 2bigs and 2 littles) as well as the aftermentioned Cragars. I thought the Cragars would be chrome but nothing a Molotow pen won't fix. You also get a set of chrome Chevy rally wheels, nice side pipes, blower dual quad setup and countless other speed goodies. I haven't even decided if I want to build this car yet (more a fan of the '70) so if you are looking for a set of Cragars with pad printed white letter Goodyears, this is definitely the one you want. Whole thing cost me just over $16. 20220809_134706.thumb.jpg.2b872914eb61a71444d5d5c54b17a237.jpg20220809_134953.thumb.jpg.0e511eabb07e75a5f00cda691a6d4351.jpg

Edited by Mike C.
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, Plowboy said:

Wow! $14.90 plus shipping for four wheels?! 

Right! That's the reason i never bought a set from them.  There's a sucka out there some where that'll drop about $25-$30 that's with shipping.