Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 hours ago, Tom99 said:

This is the only Tucker I have ever been able to find in 1/24 -1/25 scale.

100_3697.JPG

100_3698.JPG

100_3699.JPG

I once owned a resin/Bondo re-pop of this Tucker slushcast made by TKM Models back in the early 1980's. I think I paid $15  for it, but it was so bad I ended up trading it for a resin hood for an MPC '68 Barracuda, which was something that was actually usable.

Having a tucker would be cool. Just can't see that the numbers would be there for a full glue kit. You gotta realize that only 50 were made and many wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about. Also there would.be no tie in for a drag racing or stock car racing to provide some variants. However we can dream. 

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

5 hours ago, jokar124 said:

I once owned a resin/Bondo re-pop of this Tucker slushcast made by TKM Models back in the early 1980's. I think I paid $15  for it, but it was so bad I ended up trading it for a resin hood for an MPC '68 Barracuda, which was something that was actually usable.

Wait, somebody tried to repop that in resin and actually sell it?! I’ve seen better looking stuff come out of those blow-mold machines at the Museum of Science and Industry!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Handley said:

Wait, somebody tried to repop that in resin and actually sell it?! I’ve seen better looking stuff come out of those blow-mold machines at the Museum of Science and Industry!

Par for the course in the 1980s.  Modelhaus quality hadn't been invented yet.  😛

Also, the Banthrico promos, while perhaps a little crude compared to modern diecasts, were the state of the art for the 1940s and '50s.  Banthrico models have their own charm.  They're the only game in town for certain vehicles in 1:25-1:24 scale.  I think it's cool they made a model of the Tucker in the first place.