Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevelle SS Fathom Green

Metalmad

Small update which I have finished scratch building the two heater hoses that run from the heater core to the intake manifold and to the water pump and I also have lowered the front suspension a little to give it a better stance in the front. I will more than likely be lowering the rear suspension but how low I'm not sure yet and have also started the clean up of the exhaust system with getting it nice and smooth and I have shot the exhaust with primer.

IMG_2793.thumb.jpeg.7e87686cd60d7694aea32239d7a30312.jpeg

Edited by Metalmad
  • Like 5

Thank you Andrew & Mike !

Andrew to make the heater core hoses I used bead wire and heat shrink tubing then I shaped the bead wire to the  configuration I wanted then I ran the heat shrink tubing over the bead wire then heat shrank the heat shrink over the bead wire.

7 hours ago, Metalmad said:

Andrew to make the heater core hoses I used bead wire and heat shrink tubing then I shaped the bead wire to the  configuration I wanted then I ran the heat shrink tubing over the bead wire then heat shrank the heat shrink over the bead wire.

A very effective technique, I'll have to give it a try.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Metalmad said:

Looks good... very realistic to my eyes...

but dang that's a mouthful