Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sad news,Comedian Gallagher passed away

NYLIBUD

Comedian Gallagher passed away at age 76 from organ failure today.Know for his Sledge-O-Matic,and smashing food products,especially watermelons.I Saw him live a bunch of years ago.I remember being far away from the stage,and still got hit with food.He was hilarious.RIP.

9B0C7B85-4861-44B4-AF55-F10917206EA8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

In all honesty, I thought he was one of the comedians that passed years ago. 🤨 

I think a lot of people thought so. At the height of his popularity, he was busted for possession (pot as I recall, maybe a little nose candy). Today that's no big deal, but back then it was enough for Showtime to cut ties. His career took a nosedive as a result.

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I think a lot of people thought so. At the height of his popularity, he was busted for possession (pot as I recall, maybe a little nose candy). Today that's no big deal, but back then it was enough for Showtime to cut ties. His career took a nosedive as a result.

Hmm,🤔I never knew that…But i too thought he had died awhile back,cause he just disappeared.But i guess not.

According to Wikipedia, he was in hospice care, so I guess they knew the end was near. Hopefully, passed away peacefully.

"Gallagher died on November 11, 2022, in hospice care at his home in Palm Desert, California. The cause of death was organ failure from numerous heart attacks he suffered over the course of his life. He was 76."

Always enjoyed his humor. Saw his act live once at Lake Tahoe, The front row seat customers were given clear raincoats to ware. This was when they had just started limiting smoking everywhere. A guy sitting several rows up wouldn't put out his cigar even after a few warnings and Gallagher had one of those backpack style tanks that forest fire firefighters use and a simple pump of the nozzle can shoot a stream further than you would think possible. One shot and the guy's cigar was out before security could even get too him. A shame he didn't have a raincoat. 

2 hours ago, espo said:

Always enjoyed his humor. Saw his act live once at Lake Tahoe, The front row seat customers were given clear raincoats to ware. This was when they had just started limiting smoking everywhere. A guy sitting several rows up wouldn't put out his cigar even after a few warnings and Gallagher had one of those backpack style tanks that forest fire firefighters use and a simple pump of the nozzle can shoot a stream further than you would think possible. One shot and the guy's cigar was out before security could even get too him. A shame he didn't have a raincoat. 

Yea when i saw him years ago,the first three rows had clear plastic covers over them.But some folks in rows further up we’re getting hit with chunks of watermelons too.🫣.Just sucks that he died.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 8:52 PM, Jantrix said:

I did not know this, that would affect his health. I remember him on television in the 80’s. I watched him some but not a fan but I didn’t  dislike him. I never knew what happened too him".  May he R.I.P.