Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Nova Pro Street

Plowboy

18 hours ago, Dragline said:

Looks fantastic from here my friend. Perhaps some PE badges from MCG would solve your woes? I know it is dropping extra dough, but nothing beats the look.

The MCG set is for the '63 and doesn't have the right emblems for the '65. Also, it's  $25.99 plus shipping. All I would have wanted was the quarter and fenders emblems. The juice isn't worth the squeeze for me. 

EXCELLENT work on that bad boy! All of your builds are works of art, no doubt, and this is no exception!

I have this kit in my stash (maybe I'll get to it before I lose more hair). It's too bad that Moebius got that sedan/coupe roof so incorrectly proportioned (I can look past the roof height, as this is a customised car anyhow) -- your work's is huge improvement from the as-is OOB lid and backlight. 

Keep 'em coming!

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed following the project and absolutely love the final result. Despite your gripes with the kit you sure turned it into something bad ass. The Rat Roaster wheels and blower assembly look killer.

I was a kid in the 80’s when the pro street trend emerged and now in my 40’s I feel a real nostalgia for a really well done one like this. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 3:41 PM, Dennis Lacy said:

I enjoyed following the project and absolutely love the final result. Despite your gripes with the kit you sure turned it into something bad ass. The Rat Roaster wheels and blower assembly look killer.

I was a kid in the 80’s when the pro street trend emerged and now in my 40’s I feel a real nostalgia for a really well done one like this. 

Thanx Dennis! I wouldn't have had that blown engine without your help! I was around driving age when the pro streets hit the scene. For a long time, I thought there was no other way to build a model and built a few of them. I went nuts the first time I saw the AMT '66 Nova! I built one for me and one for my brother. Someday I want to build a better '66 than the one I have now. 

On 11/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, 1972coronet said:

EXCELLENT work on that bad boy! All of your builds are works of art, no doubt, and this is no exception!

I have this kit in my stash (maybe I'll get to it before I lose more hair). It's too bad that Moebius got that sedan/coupe roof so incorrectly proportioned (I can look past the roof height, as this is a customised car anyhow) -- your work's is huge improvement from the as-is OOB lid and backlight. 

Keep 'em coming!

Thanx John! I've never seen a roof as bad out of shape as this one! I think eight scale inches off on a backlight is a record! Personally, I'm done with Moebius kits. They'll have to really impress me to get me to buy another one. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Roger. Really enjoyed the WIP on this one. Sorry I’m a little late to the party here, but she turned out beautiful. You put a ton of work into the body alone, you have a very good eye for detail sir! I’m also a huge fan of pro street, and GM cars, so this one is a home run for me. Keep ‘‘em coming!  I plan on doing something similar with the ‘64 some time soon-ish…

Cheers, Steve

• Thanks 1