Model Cars Magazine Forum

1937 Ford Sedan Classic Cruiser

Zippi

I picked up this Monogram kit a while back off flea-bay so thought it was time to get after it.  I had to make a run to the hobby shop for some supplies so I picked up the paint for the body.  I already have the body parts prepped and ready for paint.  The engine has been prepped as well and setting in the plastic bag awaiting paint.  Body color will be Tamiya XF-18 Medium Blue cleared with X-22 clear.  That clear goes on like butter.   

20221129_130952.jpg

20221129_131051.jpg

20221129_131517.jpg

20221129_130234.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Joe Nunes said:

Looking forward to seeing this model come together. I have always liked that body style on the '37 Ford. Have fun with your build!

Joe

Thanks man.  I like this body style also.  Love the fat fenders.

17 minutes ago, NOBLNG said:

I picked up a couple of these at the flea market. I decided not to build them since they are 1/24…but they have a lot of great parts including the frame and suspension parts. I’m looking forward to your build of this one Bob!😎

Thanks Greg.  This is a really nice kit.  Hope I can do it justice.

Well....since I'm not going with the stock wheels & tires I had to modify the spindles and rotated them to get the wheels inside the fender and get a lower stance. 

20221202_084806.jpg

20221202_084817.jpg

20221202_084831.jpg

20221202_091446.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 2

I remember when this kit was a new tooling kit (35 years ago!), and was truly advanced in its tooling and details and construction. I can still remember @tim boyd's SAE review of it: "My cup runneth over! [...] too bad that the trailer shown at the... show didn't make it into production."
IIRC, this kit -at least its first iteration- included a couple of options, even though I don't remember specifically what those options were (and in spite of the 3 or 4 of them I'd built back then).

I'm quite looking forward to following your build of this classic!  

34 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I remember when this kit was a new tooling kit (35 years ago!), and was truly advanced in its tooling and details and construction. I can still remember @tim boyd's SAE review of it: "My cup runneth over! [...] too bad that the trailer shown at the... show didn't make it into production."
IIRC, this kit -at least its first iteration- included a couple of options, even though I don't remember specifically what those options were (and in spite of the 3 or 4 of them I'd built back then).

I'm quite looking forward to following your build of this classic!  

Thanks John.  Yeah, the details on this kit are Great.  Especially the door panels.

The weather has been so nasty I haven't gotten much done on the 37.  I did get all the body parts prepped for painting and setting in the spray booth.  Looks like Friday there is going to be some sunshine and temps up around 50°.  I also got the wheels chromed and a base coat on the rotors plus I got the chassis finished.  

20221207_110230.jpg

20221207_112610.jpg

• Like 3

Ok fellows....I now have a rolling chassis.  I think the ride height came out pretty much where I wanted it.  I think I'm going to use the bumpers so I'll need to hog out the area's on the body in front and the rear for the bumper brackets.  I went ahead and glued on the taillight housing as I want them to be body color as well.  The wheels were airbrushed with Molotow liquid chrome.  Waiting on a day that it's not raining so I can get some paint laid down.   

20221208_100430.jpg

20221208_100437.jpg

20221208_100533.jpg

20221208_100614.jpg

20221208_100624.jpg

20221208_100518.jpg

Edited by Zippi
  • Like 3