Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show Yer Drag Racers!


SuperStockAndy

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

I've always been big fan of the Ramchargers team.  I've built 3 of their most successful funny cars.  The Dodge Dart is the original MPC kit and is 51 years old.  The body and decals got damaged in our last move, so I have done some work to it in the last 10 years, but otherwise the car is original.  The Dodge Demon is a converted Revell Ed McCollough kit that I built in the mid 90's.  Unfortunately, the windshield on this car got damaged in a move shortly after I built it.  The Dodge Challenger is a Model King kit I built about 7 years ago.  I can take and post additional pictures of each car if there is any interest.

59B4B421-A59E-43BB-8CC6-B74516252249_1_201_a.jpeg

53A11E60-EFB6-4E07-ACDA-AFD61F2DA4E4_1_201_a.jpeg

AE368A28-E610-4053-8FA9-2949E244E41C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, hack-n-whack said:

I'm interested. I'm sure there is plenty of interest in the Ramchargers' cars from people in the metro Detroit area.      

Here are some additional pictures of the Clare Sanders driven Dodge Demon Ramchargers car.

58081580-3636-4C2A-9A2D-DC3C1D2ED140_1_201_a.jpeg

989B62AA-C662-4829-B4BA-E29BEF32CF50_1_201_a.jpeg

BAE5B4D4-8A49-4DD0-BBB4-5755B347619C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, hack-n-whack said:

I'm interested. I'm sure there is plenty of interest in the Ramchargers' cars from people in the metro Detroit area.      

Great looking Ramchargers' cars !  Never tire of seeing these beautiful race cars . :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 3:36 PM, hack-n-whack said:

I'm interested. I'm sure there is plenty of interest in the Ramchargers' cars from people in the metro Detroit area.      

Oh, yeah!!!!..... ???

Edited by Deuces ll
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, afx said:

Beautiful builds Tony. How hard was it to remove the side trim on the Falcon AWB?

Thanks JC.  It was a little tedious but not too bad.  I started off with one of those emery boards for nails to file down the trim.  I began on the top side and worked my way all the way across, then followed up on the bottom side.  The hardest part was the leading edge of the front fenders, naturally.  I had trimmed down one end of the emery board at an angle in a way (sort of like an x-acto blade) so as to fit into those tight contours easier.  Then followed all that up with finer grit sandpaper.  It's not perfect but feel I got it pretty close as far as trying to keep that peak down the center fairly sharp.  I am currently working on another one of these and feel I got some better results this time, a little sharper peak-wise.

Edited by bogger44
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, bogger44 said:

Thanks JC.  It was a little tedious but not too bad.  I started off with one of those emery boards for nails to file down the trim.  I began on the top side and worked my way all the way across, then followed up on the bottom side.  The hardest part was the leading edge of the front fenders, naturally.  I had trimmed down one end of the emery board at an angle in a way (sort of like an x-acto blade) so as to fit into those tight contours easier.  Then followed all that up with finer grit sandpaper.  It's not perfect but feel I got it pretty close as far as trying to keep that peak down the center fairly sharp.  I am currently working on another one of these and feel I got some better results this time, a little sharper peak-wise.

I'm working on this one and think I will take on removing the side trim.  I might tray a razor blade to scrape down the trim.  Thanks for sharing your ideas.

 DSCN6227

Edited by afx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tony Nancy was a pretty good friend of mine.  I hung out with him quite a bit at his shop.  One day when I was at the shop he pulled a bunch of these kits out of the back room and gave them to me.  He said go ahead and build one.  Well ...almost finished!

L1150854.thumb.jpg.dc08d3d77f026ddde8f7c29d5527f390.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, MAGIC MUFFLER said:

Tony Nancy was a pretty good friend of mine.  I hung out with him quite a bit at his shop.  One day when I was at the shop he pulled a bunch of these kits out of the back room and gave them to me.  He said go ahead and build one.  Well ...almost finished!

 

Cool story! Those are beautiful kits, although I've never built one, so I can't comment on how well they go together. Nice work!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...