Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Pancho Villa" 32 Ford Sedan Rat Rod

John Teresi

Hello everyone......thank you all for following this build and all the kind comment`s......I really appreciate them......I would like to ask your opinion on the engine.........do you think this 4 -banger look`s good or do you think I should put in Blown Flathead engine?........this is just a mock-up of the engine......I also added a removable "Pancho Villa"......thank`s for looking.

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1161.jpg

DSCF1160.jpg

DSCF1164.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

I learned a new texting abbreviation while watching "Big Bang Theory". It's KMN. Kill Me Now. A four banger ?? Might as well put a Harley or a Wankel in it.

I'm kidding, as usual, of course. I'm sure that you can turn something so simple into a work of art, as usual, of course.

Go with your gut John. That seems to have worked so far.

Hello......here is a picture of a blown Flathead engine....... and a mock-up of it.......it will look like the picture if I use it.......the exhaust pipes would bend out and tail out towards the front doors.......so I would really appreciate your advise the Blown Flathead or the 4-Banger?......thank`s

109948.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

DSCF1168.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

I agree with Chuck, Z the frame just behind the firewall . You will gain a tremendous amount of cabin area and clean up the rocker panel area. You wont have to change the suspension nor the front portion of the rails.

Just a thought...

This is a frame I built for my 32 a few years ago. this may help you

frame.jpg?t=

Here you can see the "Z" hidden behind the firewall.

DSC_0341.jpg?t=

If it were me I would have Z'd the chassis front and back, just my .02...

Chuck.......thank you for the tip.......I think I will do that.

I agree with Chuck, Z the frame just behind the firewall . You will gain a tremendous amount of cabin area and clean up the rocker panel area. You wont have to change the suspension nor the front portion of the rails.

Just a thought...

This is a frame I built for my 32 a few years ago. this may help you

frame.jpg?t=

Here you can see the "Z" hidden behind the firewall.

DSC_0341.jpg?t=

Shane.......I Z`d the front of the frame.......It look`s way better.....and I have way more room in the interior......man, you learn something new everyday.......now I feel like I chopped a Rat Rod......I`ll post new pictures ......thank`s alot.

Hello.....with the great advice from Chuck and Shane .......I Z`d the frame to make more room in the interior......I did not want to go crazy on it but it did drop about 1/4 inch.......I think i can live with it........I should have dropped it a bit lower but,that`s ok........thank`s Chuck and Shane for your advice and help.......I think I need to shorten Pancho`s leg`s a little anyway......he probably was little guy?

DSCF1171-1.jpg

DSCF1169-1.jpg

DSCF1172-1.jpg

DSCF1170-1.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Wow love the work on the rod. I have a question if you don't mind me asking, what did you make the hinges out of? I am building a samurai and opening the doors up and love the hinges you used on the rod.

Tim.......I used 2 kits to make this build.... a older Revell 31 Sedan kit with the opening doors and a recent Revell 32 Sedan........the older 31 had the hinges with the kit......I just used them for the newer 32 kit....... when I opened up the doors......thank`s

Allright John, where the heck did ya get the skeleton???????????

Derrick.....you can get the skull`s from "Scaledetail" over at Coffin Corner........I reshaped the legs and body......thanks