Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

I wonder if that was issued when "Daktari" was on TV, and called a hunting jeep in order to avoid paying royalties? (wrong vehicle, too, but hey)

Certainly no connotations here. The TV series carried a slightly different spirit and wasn't broadcasted in Japan at all.

Has anyone ever seen a 1970 "Billy Fileccia's Goat". It is a model of an all white 70 GTO funny car kit. I think MPC but not sure. Here is a pic of the reproduction decals. Yes, it was a MPC kit. I have only seen two of these kits. The one I sold on Ebay that was built and a crusty parts kit on Ebay. Got these decals from Ebay too.

post-8648-0-97617500-1334949899_thumb.jp

Edited by Greg Wann

Has anyone ever seen a 1970 "Billy Fileccia's Goat". It is a model of an all white 70 GTO funny car kit. I think MPC but not sure. Here is a pic of the reproduction decals. Yes, it was a MPC kit. I have only seen two of these kits. The one I sold on Ebay that was built and a crusty parts kit on Ebay. Got these decals from Ebay too.

Is this it ? 3eb4d146.jpg

Hi Christian,

Do you think you could provide some background on these items? Unfortunately, I can't read German.

Thanks much!

EDIT:

Nevermind, some quick Googling actually pointed me to a good source. Should have tried that before asking. Thanks!

No worries.

They were Revell AG tie ins with a German comic character called Werner. The figure is modelled after the author, Martin Feldmann and is said to be semi-autobiographic.

Werner is depicted as a Motorcycle fanatic in an epic struggle with the authorities regarding the illegal modifications he makes to his bikes. Werner also often takes to a bottle of his favourite beer from a local micro brewery, and the resulting hangovers regularly get him into trouble with his employer, who has a small plumbing business.

The comics are set in and around the city of Kiel in Schleswig-Holstein and they are written in the dialect of the area. They became extremely popular in Germany in the 80s, so much so, that the entire country started to imitate the Schleswig-Holstein dialect for a while.

A lot of Werner's expressions made it into German vernacular.

Both motorcycles the kits depict do exist in real life. The Red XXXXXXX Killer is really called "Red Porsche Killer" and was built for a race between Martin Feldmann and the owner of Martin's favourite pub, who had a red Porsche 911. Porsche did not allow Revell to use its name for the model, despite the Porsche actually won the race.

Edited by Junkman

Yes, they are very highly detailed kits.

This is Martin Feldmann on the real Red Porsche Killer:

99729850.jpg

This is the Revell model (w/aftermarket decals):

red-porsche-killer-revell.jpg

This is the Satte Literschüssel:

Satte~Litersch$FCssel.jpg

The Revell model:

343-3466.jpg

And an impression from the comic with Werner riding:

werner.jpg

The Red Porsche Killer has four Horex Regina engines.

The Satte Literschüssel engine is scratchbuilt and supposed to be the biggest single in the world. Originally planned to have a 1 Litre single, it went to 1440cc during the build. The engine actually runs!

Edited by Junkman

I know it's not cars but how about these Marx birds. its complete with all birds .its my dads set . I finally got him to dig it up ond drop it off so I could take pics of it .

You know, I think I had some of those when I was in my pre-teens. I remember buying some of the individual kits at the local department store - I don't remember which ones. They were some of the first models I built, and I don't remember seeing them since. I really enjoyed them. Thanks for showing those!