Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

hmmm very interesting on the four motor motorcycle in italy...i will have to save a search and find one somewhere stateside hopefully...

What's wrong with Italy? I wouldn't hesitate, those kits seem to be rare by anybody's standard.

Edited by Junkman

You know, I think I had some of those when I was in my pre-teens. I remember buying some of the individual kits at the local department store - I don't remember which ones. They were some of the first models I built, and I don't remember seeing them since. I really enjoyed them. Thanks for showing those!

I'm glade I was able to bring back some good memory's .

How about this kit,Its the Tokyo Tower from Japan.

In 1969 when my father in law was recovering from injurys from his short stay in Nam he bought this as a gift to his dad,I am hoping soon I can get this from him for my collection.

Its molded in clear plastic as well as Clear red plastic,white and black.

the top of the tower has a steel rod in it to give the apperence of a anttena aray.

100_0663-1.jpg

100_0662-1.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0658-1.jpg

That Tokyo Tower is ace!

I have the Disney Robin Hood kit. Picked it up for $1 at a hobby shop on closeout.....might even be worth that today!!!! There was another Robin Hood kit.....but can;t remember it right now.

Make no mistake re. the Disney Robin Hood kits. They go for hundreds on ebay. The other one is this one:

H-9454.jpg

I still have a mint in the box Renault Floride.

Trade?

Edited by Junkman

Unfortunately I don't have photo's but way back around 1978 I built a lifesized flintlock rifle kit , no idea on the manufacturer but they did a range of rifles and pistols . The rifle I built was modeled on something used in Afghanistan from memory and was close to 6 foot long when built .