Model Cars Magazine Forum

Retiring from moderation

Hey fellas its really been a fun run as Moderator here in the forums (can I say fun and moderator in the same sentance? :blink: ) Anyway Im gonna turn in my badge as I feel I really need more time to model and get my new business venture going. Gregg and the gang (Harry, Doug, Dave) have been great as well as most of you. But to be totally honest I never felt I was cutout to be a Mod I appreciate the oppertunity to add one more notch to the ol skill belt but I have felt its been time to move on for quite some time now. I'll still be here on the forums posting my builds but from now on I'll just be one of the guys.

Much thanks to all of you who supported my efforts as a mod and all those who continue to support afterwards.

Romell R. B)

Rom.... Really sad to hear you are retiring from being a Mod. I think you did a great job. With the new friendship that we have mad with you coming out here to the Desert Scale Classic you have my full support as a friend. I completely understand and look forward to you continuing to post awesome builds man!! I am sure its not easy being a mod either. So thank you to the rest of the mods here. This is the best modeling forum with many great builders and I want to see it kept that way.

Being a moderator is more work than fun.... I know what it's like to get criticized for being too hard/soft on issues and why you did/didn't do something. Then people take it out on you personally.

I did the same on a different forum. I returned to being a member and I enjoyed the forum much more. Build on Rommel....build on.

Does that mean you'll have time for another burger?

Hey, man! Sorry to hear you're stepping back as a mod, but fully understand. WHO NEEDS the grief?

Glad to have the opportunity to meet you at DSC, Rom, just sorry I was so busy that we didn't have more time to jawbone. But there's next year, right? After all, you're gonna be a "DSC Lifer," right?

Stay frosty, stay yourself, and we'll see you on the boards, my friend.

B)

Rom, after seeing some of U'r creations U deserve a rest as a Mod, I know wot it's like to run 2 different jobs like U have one as a Moderator and one as great model builder. I myself run one job as a scorer for a gun club as wella s shoot and then I build models like U but also I'm a Moderator on another forum and it's damned hard U've dun a great job and the rest is well earned. Hope we all see U'r great models to continue to come up here on this forum as thet would be sadly missed by all.

Thanks a Millin for wot U've done

Dingo B)

I don't know who got "unfairly banned..." but I've seen some rather bad attitudes here more & more often lately, which IS a shame.

But on a happier note, now Rommel can put some real effort onto his projects. And not those questionable models he does now ;-)