Model Cars Magazine Forum

American Choppers new season Monday

I know a lot of you will say "SO WHAT?".

But i still enjoy the builds, especially the painting parts.

And I agree that most of the show is just plain rediculous...but, I can't help myself.

The commercial has a bike under a cover and says this is where it all began and they are going to rebuild it.

I think it is "OLE SUNSHINE", Paul senior's first bike.

Any other guesses?

I saw the commercial as I was watching the Belgium Formula 1 race. Now, that start, talk a mess. Cars "FLYING" all over.

I am sure this will get a lot hate mail, so to speak...LOL

I dig the show, minus the fake drama.They do show more building than other shows. I think..The other show I started watching is Fast and Loud.Most part all they show is buying the car super cheap and trying to sell it super high.But I like the beard dude,I think he's cool, so its something to watch besides SpongeBob.another good one is Desert Kings I like that one too

Edited by Terror

I've always been a big fan of the show. I don't think it's so much about the bikes anymore. I wonder if what they are talking about rebuilding is their relationship with each other. I think if Rick joined forces with Junior's cast you would have the original crew, minus Senior. If I could pick one bike for them to re do it would be the Christmas bike, that thing is hideous. They have way too many sharp pointy things on most of their bikes. I will miss Mikey most of all in the new season unless, he makes a return.

Edited by rmvw guy

they need to bring back jesse james monster garage. any has anybody seen the pilot episode for the show he was suppose to do. i was called outlaw garage. some drama but a good 85% of the show was them building a way cool hot rod. was looking forward to it coming on but i guess they decided to not do the series

they need to bring back jesse james monster garage. any has anybody seen the pilot episode for the show he was suppose to do. i was called outlaw garage. some drama but a good 85% of the show was them building a way cool hot rod. was looking forward to it coming on but i guess they decided to not do the series

I was looking forward to that one too. Wonder what happened?

Let me start by saying I'm, to put it mildly, into Veteran and POW/MIA issues. I used to watch the show all the time and was extremely interested when they built the POW/MIA bike. And then came the annual Rolling Thunder demonstration ride the Sunday before Memorial Day in Washington, DC. Senior, junior, Mikey, Vinnie - the whole gang was there! Well, they wouldn't give us "biker trash" the time of day. They didn't even acknowledge that we existed. Thousands of us in the Pentagon parking lot started chanting "junior, go clean the shop". Justice was done later. Senior was riding the POW/MIA bike and he broke down just as we were going past. One of his chumps stopped and let Senior take his bike while the dummy pushed the POW/MIA bike. Word got around very quickly of the treatment we received in the parking lot so nobody helped push the bike out of the way.

I love the attention they brought to the POW/MIA issue and that LIVE Americans are still held against their will in foreign lands. There no reason for the disrespect they gave us and i will never forget it. I have not watched a show since and will never again.

As part of my endeavors in the POW/MIA issue, I helped start Rolling Thunder - Illinois Chapter 1 (Warrenville, IL) and then Florida Chapter 7 (Beverly Hills, FL). I am also the national vice-president of ViêtNow (Rockford, IL), secretary of the Vietnam Veterans Gathering (Citrus Springs, FL), and a director of the National Vietnam & Gulf War Veterans Coalition (Washington, DC).

I think this a case of a has been that should not still be, the show ran its course, then the spin off I guess you could call it ( Jr. vs Sr.) the show was cool for a short time, but it seemed to become more about father and son yelling at each other then the bikes, and thats what put me off.

Automotive TV shows seem to fall into two categories these days- shows about guys yelling at each other and they just happen to be building a vehicle of some sort off in the background, and shows about some guy bolting some sponsor's part onto some random vehicle. I stopped watching American Chopper when I realized "Hey... this episode is exactly like the last one, except the bike they're building in the background isn't as good as the last one."

I'm kind of wondering how this season will work out. Seeing as how the two Pauls are trying to patch things up, the good old yelling, screaming, and throwing things likely won't be happening. Maybe the network's counting on the percieved 'uneasy tension' between them to carry the show?

Automotive TV shows seem to fall into two categories these days- shows about guys yelling at each other and they just happen to be building a vehicle of some sort off in the background, and shows about some guy bolting some sponsor's part onto some random vehicle. I stopped watching American Chopper when I realized "Hey... this episode is exactly like the last one, except the bike they're building in the background isn't as good as the last one."

I'm kind of wondering how this season will work out. Seeing as how the two Pauls are trying to patch things up, the good old yelling, screaming, and throwing things likely won't be happening. Maybe the network's counting on the percieved 'uneasy tension' between them to carry the show?

Very good points, I want to add to that, I used to watch all the automotive shows, I used always watch shade tree mechanic, then it became two guys garage, still watched it, not as often, with the show now, first off , what ever they are doing is sponsored and the first five minutes into the show is nothing but a commercial for said product, I think 17 of the 25 or how ever many minutes of run time, its nothing but in show adverts.

Now I am kind of shocked people think American Chopper is real, yes the show is real, the people are real, but its all stage, now Discovery are wanting to them to make up, play nice. Reality Tv is not real, its still made up, there are very few true reality shows out there, the only one I can think of is COPS.

Heck, all the repo shows are fake, all the auction/storage/shipping/ finding /pawn/ and so on shows are not real. Everything you see has been stage to look real, its call entertainment.

I bet any one a $100 if this new season of American Chopper ratings are not that good, you can bet that it will become a Jerry Springer filled show again

Very good points, I want to add to that, I used to watch all the automotive shows, I used always watch shade tree mechanic, then it became two guys garage, still watched it, not as often, with the show now, first off , what ever they are doing is sponsored and the first five minutes into the show is nothing but a commercial for said product, I think 17 of the 25 or how ever many minutes of run time, its nothing but in show adverts.

Now I am kind of shocked people think American Chopper is real, yes the show is real, the people are real, but its all stage, now Discovery are wanting to them to make up, play nice. Reality Tv is not real, its still made up, there are very few true reality shows out there, the only one I can think of is COPS.

Heck, all the repo shows are fake, all the auction/storage/shipping/ finding /pawn/ and so on shows are not real. Everything you see has been stage to look real, its call entertainment.

I bet any one a $100 if this new season of American Chopper ratings are not that good, you can bet that it will become a Jerry Springer filled show again

Not to get too far off topic but since it was mentioned here, I like watching Fast and Loud.........a little. It's ok if nothing else better is on (which is often!) but for the life of me, I can't figure out how they came up with the name "Gas Monkey"??????????? The term I've heard all my life is "Grease Monkey" I've never heard anyone say Gas Monkey? Anyone else?

Not to get too far off topic but since it was mentioned here, I like watching Fast and Loud.........a little. It's ok if nothing else better is on (which is often!) but for the life of me, I can't figure out how they came up with the name "Gas Monkey"??????????? The term I've heard all my life is "Grease Monkey" I've never heard anyone say Gas Monkey? Anyone else?

yeah, they put gas in them.To be a grease monkey, you need grease on your hands .maybe do some real work on the thing.