Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 chevelle

He probably needs a 1/28 scale body to do Smokey's car. :D

Does anyone else remember the Hot Rod article from 1976(?) that showed several of his "tricks"? Seems like he had a hydraulic pump that would help the car clear the height blocks, but then drop the front end when out on the track. He also ran an extra long fuel line inside the car to give himself a little more gas. 'Course he justified it by saying everybody else did the same things...

Casey's comment may refer to one of the occasions where his car didn't fit the offical NASCAR templates. The Hot Rod article implied that he may have made enough changes to the body to shrink it down to 7/8 of its regular size.

Edited by Monty

I remember reading some place about the time Nascar tried to measure the car, only to find out it didn't match. Smokey told them go find a car i the parking lot and measure it. They found one in the front row of the parking lot, measured it and found that it matched Smokeys car, so they let him pass on and race. As it turned out the car in the parking lot was a "plant" and Smokey had modified it to match the race car. Tricked 'em again!

I remember reading some place about the time Nascar tried to measure the car, only to find out it didn't match. Smokey told them go find a car i the parking lot and measure it. They found one in the front row of the parking lot, measured it and found that it matched Smokeys car, so they let him pass on and race. As it turned out the car in the parking lot was a "plant" and Smokey had modified it to match the race car. Tricked 'em again!

That, is a classic Smokey tale!

He is the reason NASCAR developed the body templates that are used today.

With Round2 buying Lindberg/Hawk, I would not be surprised to see it re-issued in a year or 2.

Most of the Current Lindberg list prior to the Buy out is listed as returning to production.

And look at the Announcement at NNL East

Lawman 64 Plymouth And TOUCH-TONE Terror version of the Dodge A100!!