Model Cars Magazine Forum

History of Revell's Squarebody Pickup kits

kalbert

• 1 year later...

Looks like Revell will be bringing back the 2wd Street Pickup again! I wonder if they will change any contents, or just the decals?

4 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Apparently, at least according to Stevens International, the return of the '70 Torino Cobra is just one piece in a slate of good news for in-bound Revell reissues. 

REVELL-MONOGRAM RMX-4552 1/25 1976 Chevy Street Pickup Truck $0.00 $0.00 TBA  

4 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Looks like Revell will be bringing back the 2wd Street Pickup again! I wonder if they will change any contents, or just the decals?

Most likely just decals but I'd really like to see them stick a set of stock bumpers and a proper front suspension in the box. 😁

, , and fill in that hole in the roof !!  🙄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Can-Con said:

Most likely just decals but I'd really like to see them stick a set of stock bumpers and a proper front suspension in the box. 😁

, , and fill in that hole in the roof !!  🙄

THIS!! ^^^^^

10 hours ago, leafsprings said:

It would have been a no brainer for MPC or AMT to give us this subject back in the 70's.

MPC offered a C-10 for 1978 as an annual. It was the only 2WD version. Mid-1978 or so, a K-10 was released ( Dust Devil ) , but it wasn't 100% factory stock. The fleetside (I've trouble remembering whose nomenclature is proper when mentioning the bed style of their pickup's beds) wasn't released until the Fall Guy issue of c.1983. 

The Revell C-10 is quite toy-like ; detail is scant at best. It can be made to look decent, but that'd take some swapping and massaging. Revell's kit glass from that era was pretty bad, as one could see the 'runners' along the top edge of the windscreen and backlight.

Edited by 1972coronet
*TYPO*
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I'll probably pick up one copy - I'm a sucker I guess.  So, does "New Parts!" mean, "we made new parts" or does it mean, "we found some parts of the mold and reinstated those."? :)

They re-tooled some new Wheels to fit some Ex-Monogram Tires.