Model Cars Magazine Forum

USA Walker! Futuristic Armoured Research Vehicle. Finished!

WHITE GLUE & SEAMS!

I started painting some Red Details to accent the Silver Body Color. Then I started filling some of the Seams and Gaps in the Body with Formula 560 White Glue.

DSCN9575U_zps9389cff9.jpg

I put some White Glue on a tooth pick and carefully lay it into the Seams. Sometimes it takes a couple of coats, but it will fill most Gaps. Later I will paint over the dry White Glue and the Seams will blend right in.

DSCN9587U_zps42190883.jpg

More Coming... B)

SORRY OBI-WAN!

I was going to use the Obi-Wan Pilot for the Walker, but I thought he needed a Helmet, so I gave him a Haircut.

DSCN8848M_zps8bd489a5.jpg

Here he is with the Helmet Head. He still doesn't look right for the Walker...

DSCN8852M_zps61762a37.jpg

Found this driver in a 25th scale Formula-1 Car. With a little bit of cutting and bending, I got the new Pilot to fit in the cockpit Perfectly. I painted him with Vallejo White Paint, Great stuff!

DSCN9603U_zps9bd435a5.jpg

Here is a better photo of the Helmet Detail.

DSCN9609U_zpse9a82a13.jpg

More Coming... B)

ARMS!

I cut four 1/4 inch lengths of plastic tubing. I cut the inside edge of the tubing to make a "Socket" for each arm.

DSCN9597U_zps8140b1b8.jpg

I glued the Arms in place with Zap-A-Gap. Notice how the Robot Arms mimic the Human Arms. I also reset the Pilots feet and legs so that they looked more Natural.

DSCN9620U_zps226eef27.jpg

The round Air Vents on the sides are old Ford Hubcaps. The Satellite Dish is from the Moon Scope kit and other details came from the Star Wars Pod Racer Kit. Some of the details were painted with Vallejo Brass Paint.

DSCN9621U_zpsf60b9f17.jpg

More Coming... B)

NUTS!

These are "O" scale Nuts from the Railroad Section at the Hobby Shop. You can just slice off the Nuts and glue them where you want to.

DSCN9364U_zps50152ad8.jpg

You can paint the nuts either before or after you glue them in place. Here they are in four different places on the Legs.

DSCN9618U_zpsbb6beb36.jpg

More Coming... B)

THE BIG ARM & A WASH!

I attached the Big Arm in the rear with Zap-A-Gap. Then I added the 2 Jet Engines.

DSCN9627U_zpse04f06e0.jpg

After attaching all of the other parts and applying the decals, I applied a Black Wash called "The Detailer".

DSCN9714U_zpsed64ec0f.jpg

It's about 2:00 in the morning now and USA Walker is Finished! Tomorrow Morning is the Model Expo, I finished it in time for the Show!

More Finished Photos Coming...

USA WALKER AT MODEL EXPO!

I made it to Hobby Expo with the Finished Walker. Here is a photo of USA Walker at The Hobby Expo in Petaluma, CA on Feb. 15, 2014. What a Fun Show!

DSCN9653U_zpscea5e042.jpg

USA Walker took home a Real Nice First Place Trophy!

DSCN9677U_zps9b5f462c.jpg

Finished USA Walker Photos Coming Soon... B)